Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness

(Link in meme-roll)
Marilyn Monroe

1. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." When are you are at you’re best?
This quote alone is enough to make me love this woman. When am I at my best? Probably when I'm asleep, or with one small drink inside me. Or when I'm rolling on the floor laughing at something.
2. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
Do you ever think that you are boring? Oh, I am very boring, which is JUST FINE by me!
3. "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left." Did you ever break off a relationship because you wanted to be the one to do it?
Uh...yeah? But I think there's a sense of 'expecting the relationship to end' and there was nothing like that going on.
4. "It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone." Do you feel that she is correct?
YES. Oh yeah. Yes. Yes yes yes.
5. "Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?" What was the last thing that you didn’t plan on doing but then thought, “What the hell!”?
Mostly--for the past several weeks--it involve has involved food. The drink (Stoli + cranberry juice) I'm currently drinking qualifies too.
6. "We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets." Do you have any major regrets?
They are primarily about my behavior with Sparky when he was a kid. I was pretty mental for awhile, and I clearly understand the term "fishwife" now. And why and how abuse of children can happen. It didn't, I hasten to add, but only due to strength of nerve and legs that walked out the door in a timely manner.
7. "What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course." What do you wear to bed?
Not perfume. Not really, anyway. I wear pajamas.
8. "It’s better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your [sic] not." Have you ever pretended to be someone you are not because it was easier?
Well, yeah, pretty much every day, at the very least occasionally. 'Tis called adulthood.
9. "I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing." Are you usually on time for events or appointments?
I would much rather be early, but I've gotten a lot less OCD about it over the past few years.
10. "Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about." What makes you smile?
Babies, squirrels, music, puppies, perfection, cheerfulness.

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Pajamas? I'm shocked. OK, not really. I really liked her quotes too. Very wise woman...

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with you about being boring and being ok with it.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.