Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
Heatwave
The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of my eyes and the number 333333.

1. The temperature in Mooseheadville, Canada was 34 below. Most of the U.S. is in a serious heat wave. In Connecticut, it was 92 degrees in the shade. What do YOU do to beat the heat?
I stay inside, in AC. I drink lots of water. I try not to eat much, especially heavy food.
2. What is your favorite summertime song?
"How Bizarre" (don't ask)
3. Besides nude beaches what's your favorite outdoor summer activity?
Well before nude beaches there are about 20,000 things, among them shopping for furnaces, listening to a small child learning violin, and having a mammogram. My actual favorite outdoor summer thing is sitting in the sun and baking, storing up vitamin D for January.
4. I'm inviting everyone to a cook-out with Kimber and Berleen. What should I cook for you?
I'll have a cheddar brat. One. No bun, just mustard and a fork. On a plate.
5. When selecting your swimwear do you go for sexy or practical?
Practical. I haven't bought sexy swimwear since I was 20. Maybe before that.
6. Back in the day, did you ever have a summer fling? If yes, do tell. (Names not required.)
Yes, though it was at Christmas break and his name was Ken. It was stupid. But instructive.
7. Do you know anyone who hates air conditioning? If yes, what is their reasoning?
I have bouts of AC-annoyance--the temperature is set too fucking low a lot of the time. I don't know anyone who lives around here who hates it, though.
8. When and with who was your last skinny dip?
In my bathtub night before last.
9. How sick of LeBron James are you?
Uhm, not. I barely know who he is, because I don't care.
10. When you were a kid, what was your best summer?
All of them prior to age...oh...15 or so. Actually, I can't remember a BAD summer, ever, at least not until 4 or 5 years ago. Maybe my 11th? I was on my own the whole time (ok, for 5 weeks), at my sister's. Awesome.
11. Belly up to the bar. We serve ANYTHING. It's 100 degrees. What should we pour for you?
WATER! Iced tea. Nothing sweet, and everything icy.
12. Is there a favorite meal that you like to have in the summer?
Any meal I don't have to plan and/or prep is my favorite.
13. Do you think they will solve the oil spill in time for the Gulf states to enjoy summer?
Hell no. Unless you mean Summer 2025.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

I'm with you on #12. Although tonight I had a huge bowl of strawberries with cream for supper. :-)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

The old skinny dip in the tub! That was a good one...

Cat. said...

Forgot to mention that I was alone, too. Oh well. :-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.