Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Queen's Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
The Nosy News Meme

1. What would you do about the BP oil spill? Give us your suggestions.
I'm no engineer, but I would certainly explain very firmly (ahem) to BP that they'd better get their shit together yesterday and fix this damn thing once and for all. They also need to apply some speed on a cleanup plan and implement it, also yesterday.
2. Tipper and Al Gore are calling it quits.
And I care...why? None of my business.
3. It’s hot! The heat index topped 104 degrees today in some parts of the United States. How is the weather in your part of the world?
Chilly, humid and rainy. But, y'know, it strikes me that June tends to bring with it warm temperatures. So why are we surprised that it's hot somewhere?
4. Do you think smoking should be banned in public places?
Depends on what you mean by public. I'm allergic to smoke, but I don't get all worked up about people smoking in the great outdoors. I do get upset about the butts I see all over the place. Why are people so creepy?
5. Unemployment from the top down: Do you think President Obama has a good chance or no chance of being re-elected in the next US election?
Wait, really? We are 2.5 years out from the election. Can we just cool our jets for another fucking year? Really? I hate politics...and this is a major reason why. Most career politicians spend more time campaigning for the next election than they do actually running the country. It's all a scam.
6. What??! Actor Gary Coleman’s wife reportedly sold private pictures of the deceased actor on his deathbed.
See #2. I don't need to see 'em, I don't know why anyone else does, I don't know why people would pay money for those...people are so creepy!
7. Texting while driving. Do you? Don't you? Will you? Won't you?
I have, I shouldn't, I try not to.
8. Lindsay Lohan. Has she been treated fairly or unfairly by the legal system?
Dear Lord, if that girl were a poor black teenage boy, she'd be in prison, probably for another ten years.
9. The Sarah Palin rumor mill caught wind of her recent decision to have breast implants….so said the reporters-who-need-to-get-a-job-and-stop-making-up-news. She has denied the earthshaking allegations. Was this really news?
Much as I hate her and love to laugh at her idiotic life and comments, this is back to #2 and #6. Why do I need to know? Who cares what her tits look like, or what she's had done surgically. Jeez.
10. An asteroid is supposed to hit Earth this Friday. Are you prepared?
Yup. Always prepared. I learned it from my brother when he was a Boy Scout.

1 sweet-talkers :

Mimi Lenox said...

So much of the "news" is not news at all. Folks who care about sensationalism ARE creepy.
Enough with the creeps!

Thank you for playing, Sweet Memes.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.