Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
The Speed Dating Meme

1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
"Oh, The Places You'll Go" [of course]
2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
I always loved the house on the Brady Bunch, if only for that staircase. Also, the house where Darren & Samantha lived. It just made sense to me.
3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep?
Coupla days, but not for awhile. I need my sleep a lot lately.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
"Mandy" always makes me laugh.
5. Who's your favorite Muppet?
Kermit, and Gonzo. For different reasons. Clearly.
6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?
This one.
7. What's your favorite website?
Google and all its buddies.
8. What's your favorite school supply?
huh...ALL of them! OK, pencils. I love sharp pencils.
9. Who's your favorite TV attorney?
Not a fan of attorneys on TV, though Gibbs' girlfriend is growing on me a bit. Surprising, no?
10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
Downtown for the meetings last month. That's by a mile over, I just checked: 51.1 miles from here to the conference hotel.
11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop?
I stumbled across a set of luncheon dishes while looking for a sofa with/for my niece a few years ago. They exactly match some bowls my mom gave me that I absolutely adore.
12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
At church, but Beast called from work and sent me home where I ended up spending most of the day with our new pastor and his wife because they had to TV access.
13. What's your favorite tree?
The crabapple in the front yard of the house in which I grew up. It's still there, or was last November.
14. What's the most interesting biography you've read?
I'm slowly, slowly working my way through the multi-volume biography of Jesus by Meier (A Marginal Jew). I'm almost as slow reading it is as he is in writing it.
15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
Shrimp fried rice, Mongolian beef...it sort of depends what I'm hungry for. Sometimes it's just crab rangoons and egg-drop soup.
16. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
My dressing up for work costume absolutely rocks.
17. What's your least favorite word?
"No." Although I'm not fond of "Mo-o-o-o-o-o-om!" either.
18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
A ... rooo? Guess that eliminates Washington, D.C. as an option. Let's go with New Mexico, just because of the humor value.
19. Who's your favorite bear?
Smokey the..."
20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Hearing my dad's voice saying my name a couple of years after his death.
21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be?
Kenya. Wouldn't mind seeing South Africa either. Or Botswana.
22. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
Taco Bell. Yeah, health food is me.
23. Where do you go for advice?
My friends, and the Bible.
24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I've been using the thesaurus a lot lately.
25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?
Nope. Can't swim.

1 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I can't believe that you cannot swim! Happy Mother's Day...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.