Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Dating Profile Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
So Little to Ask

1. A relationship that is rooted in God, commitment, unconditional love, unconditional respect, loyalty, mutual appreciation, mutual understanding, great communication, honesty, openness, accountability, faithfulness, compromise, mutual support, sharing, partnership, lots of fun, adventure, romance and great depths of intimacy is so little to ask for I think.
Blah de blah de blah...blah blah, blah blahblahblah de blah....what? Sorry, I was wool-gathering.
2. I don't usually like risks but becoming a single parent has shown me that I can be empowered to do things I would not have done in the past.
...like go to parent-teacher conferences on my own and stomp on spiders in the bathroom.
3. I am a full time college student, going on my fifth year.
Two questions: are you on your own dime for college? And explain the reasons for Year 5 in 5 words or less, and they'd better not include the words "probation, "party", or "bar."
4. I enjoy walking the bike paths when weather is nice.
Bike paths are, by definition, for bikes. Perhaps you should join a gym with a track, because then you won't be limited by weather or run over by bicyclists.
5. I am successful, intelligent, motivated and interested in finding some companionship. I "live in the moment".
No accountability for your actions that way, eh?
6. I will try to explain about my life, pesonality and what i think would be a good match however, i'm not one who likes talking about myself.
Hence the midget letter I. But what is a "pesonality" anyway?
7. We must be good example in our society and you must be the one I will love forever because divorce is not an option for me again and once i decide to fall in love with someone, I will love with all i am and all i had.
I'm gonna guess...English not your first language at home. People who say "divorce is not an option" scare me to death. Move along.
8. I want to be able to go and talk with you if i am down or not in a good mood. That is what relationships are all about. Isnt it?
So, when you're in a good mood, you won't be calling me? No, this is not what love is all about. Take a long walk, dude, a LONNNNGGGG walk.
9. My ideal match is someone who has a zest for life, someone who can have laugh and have fun but, and at the same time, they most be responsible. Or at least somewhat, ya know?
I think you and #7 would be a perfect match. Grasp of English seems about the same. Then again, maybe you should hook up with Mr. In the Moment in #5. Anyway, I'm not interested.
10. My imagination helps me to perceive the world. Desire to perceive the world, desire to create and desire to love - these are constituents of my life.
Can your constituents vote? Or have you not granted them suffrage? You are far too "deep" (koff koff) for me, my friend. Go stare at your navel somewhere else; I've got stuff to do.

3 sweet-talkers :

Mouse said...

Wool-gathering is an excellent pastime, especially when it comes to dating memes! :)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

These were gems, no? I loved "And explain the reasons for Year 5 in 5 words or less, and they'd better not include the words "probation, "party", or "bar." My guess is they are on the 10 year plan...

I am Harriet said...

blah-blah-blah ....sounds like me....

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/how-to-you-make-friends-online/

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.