Monday, May 17, 2010

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) What has been the most meaningful moment of your life so far?
A single moment? Hmmmm, it may very well be a comment my dad made to me at the airport when I was in college, if for no other reason than I know it was more-or-less a throwaway comment for him. Being aware of that reminds me that throwaway comments from me to others might be just as meaningful to them.
2) Do you prefer listening to string instruments, woodwinds, brass, or percussion?
I love cellos and trombones. I have a hard time listening to higher-pitched instruments: violins, flutes, etc. Not really a fan of woodwinds in general, either. Violas and french horns are ok, but there is nothing like a well-played cello piece...or trombone solo. I wonder why we like the sounds we do.
3) Which is worse: being too hot or being too cold?
Sorry, Ellen: I'm sticking with the latter. Being cold lasts longer: when I'm cold it takes me hours to warm up, but cooling off takes minutes.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
The title of the picture is Hang Gliders, but I sure can't tell from the photo itself. Anyway, there was a period in my life when I did want to go hang gliding, but that time is past. I still like the idea in theory, but I'm afraid the landing might be more painful than the ride is worth.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.