Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, the color of cooked crab, and the number 544.

1. It's the first of April, do you play April Fool's jokes on anyone?
No. I'm not really much of a fan. I think the whole thing stopped being entertaining when I was still in the single digits age-wise.
2. Do you like to eat sardines?
YUCK! No, though I think they are bearable in a Greek restaurant. Yes, I'm that odd.
3. Have you ever played racketball?
Nope. I think I'm unlikely to start soon. But, isn't it spelled racquetball?
4. If eating at a fast food joint that has a dollar menu, do you order a bunch of different dollar items or just go ahead and get a regular meal?
I get a regular meal, at least when I'm not counting calories.
5. Have you ever taken a brand new pencil and sharpened it in an electric sharper until it was almost gone just because you were bored?
No, I'm too Scotch for that sort of waste.
6. Do you have any old broken computers still sitting around your home?
We have a pretty aged laptop we almost never use anymore, but it has a floppy AND a CD drive so it does occasionally come in handy.
7. Ricky Martin came out this week stating he is gay. Were you shocked, had a feeling, "who?" or just didn't care?
Duh, of course, and who cares: he's still absolutely frickin' gorgeous! I don't want to boink him, just look at him.
8. If marijuana is legalized, do you think it should have a luxury tax added onto it?
Yes, with the exception of medical marijuana. I hope they sell it at 7-11. :-)
9. What's the oddest thing you have sitting on your computer desk right now or where ever it is you may be sitting with a laptop (you could be sitting at a Starbucks with an alien from Mars for all we know)?
I don't use a computer desk at home; I sit on the sofa with my feet up. So, yeah, the weirdest thing in the vicinity is my son, at the other end of the couch. At work, the oddest thing at my desk is probably the Burqa Furor poster. Or the rubber rats.
10. Have you ever bumped into a former lover and found out they were now gay or straight depending on your relationship with them?
Ah, no. However, one of the first guys I had a crush on (when I wasn't competing to the death with him academically) is rumored to be gay. And I've been wrong going the other direction as well.
11. Have you ever held a tarantula?
{{Shudder}} No, really: {{shudddd-dddderrrrrr}}
12. Shower- curtain, door, walk-in, or do you just roll around in the dirt to get the stink off?
lol We have curtains in our showers. I take a lot of baths, too...in water, not dirt!
13. Which commercial is the most annoying to you on TV or radio?
1) ALL of the Burger King "King" ads. Worst campaign ever--I will not buy from BK till that "King" is gone gone gone.
2) The new Staples ads: "Wow! That's a low price!" Shoot me. I literally scream and practically destroy the remote slamming the mute button.

5 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

I love anchovies on a Greek salad.


Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/nuts-nuts/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Spelling will never be Kimber's forte. I'm laughing at, "Be right back, hon. I gotta hit 7-11 for a lid..."

Cat. said...

I think Lid should be a registered brand, along with Baggie (which will start all kinds of ad wars, of course).

Kwizgiver said...

Just imagine the glee with which fifteen year old boys blurt out during class "Wow! That's a low score!"

save me...

Cat. said...

{facepalm}

This is one of those moments when I clearly remember why I can't be around teenagers all day. ;-)

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.