Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Dating Profile Meme

(Link in meme-roll)
Here Comes the Sun
This is a bit different than an "answer this question" meme. Either you have used sites such as Match.com or Yahoo Personals or you’ve read them. Weekly, we scour those on-line dating sites to respond either a person's profile or often their headlines as most of us would really like to do.

1. I love the sun, it goes great with the beach.
I prefer the moon and a beach, but I do like the sun...in the mountains.
2. If I had it all to do again, I would do it all again, because we do our best given the circumstances and for the most part, life is good.
Well, aren't we perky? It's far too early in the year.
3. I'm looking for someone that's somewhat active.
Define "somewhat active." Breathing? Training for triathlons? Somewhere in between?
4. I'm not a materialistic person, although, I'll admit, sometimes it's nice.
Being a materialistic person is never "nice." "Understandable" maybe, but not "nice."
5. Relationships are a two way street. Anything will be fun, as long as I'm with the right person.
Standing in the street with the right OR wrong person sounds like a really bad date.
6. Im a unique Honest latina looking for the last love of my live.
So clearly you are not having children then. And why is "Honest" capitalized, but "latina" isn't?? This just makes me tired. Tired.
[though, this is the first time in this memethe gender of the writer has been obvious, which is sorta fun]
7. I treat people the way I want others to treat me and looking for the same because life is too short to be alone and we have no promises for tomorrow.
Is this person named Mindy? Or something equally dismal? I will NOT treat you. You are banal.
8. Not looking for garbage.
Why are you here then?
9. I am against liers, crazy online people, loosers, BLIND DATES, a plane ticket ,game players or insecure people online.
So, that eliminates everything you can reasonably expect on a dating site. What ARE you doing here?? Maybe you should check out #8.
10. It's easier to go down a hill than up it… But the view is much better at the top.
Not a skier, eh? Actually, I'd rather climb hills too, but it's actually harder to go downhill For me, at my current age. My mom was right again. ...sigh...

**Note: I noticed the typos. I'm ignoring them. Studiously.

3 sweet-talkers :

I am Harriet said...

Mom's are always right :)

Have a great weekend!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/are-you-happy-i-am-i-got-a-new-iphone/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

You are so good at this. The hardest part of putting it together is trying to find the neutral gender lines. This wasn't the first time I messed up, but I think it is only the second. Oh well, I don't anybody thought I was perfect anyway... :)

Cat. said...

Harriet--Moms are frequently only right in hindsight.

Bud--perhaps I'm good at it because I have absolutely no stake in the 'game' at all. ;-) It probably is incredibly difficult to cull out decent lines to use for this. I think I'd have to be close to passed-out-drunk to even START looking!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.