Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday Thunks

(Link in meme-roll)
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, the color of a clear blue sky and the number 1142010.

1. Build It Yourself Coffin Kits.Creepy, interesting, cost effective, your new hobby?
Wow. Kinda awesome. Might bookmark this site, when I have space in my basement for storing the completed boxes. I wonder if they're legal....
2. Can you blow up a balloon under water?
I can barely blow one up in the air, so it's doubtful. I'm not sure anyone else can either, not with their lungs.
3. Why do you think when naming citrus fruit they simply named an orange the color it is?
OK, I think the name of the fruit came first, then the name for the color. According to Wikipedia, the etymologies of the word for the fruit and the color are the same, and I suspect that oranges were hard enough to grow outside of the Mediterranean area and the color was so specific that it didn't make sense for England--where oranges were generally not grown until fairly recently--to bother coming up with another word.

Aren't you glad you asked?
4. Insanity Cafe's topic of the day on Tuesday was this article. Have you ever known someone to do something embarrassingly stupid like that?
Not quite this stupid, thank God. My brother ran over his foot with a mower, though, if that qualifies. And my dad almost lost his eyesight doing a safety demonstration on a table saw. So, yeah, my gene pool has some shallow spots.
5. If you got stranded high on a mountain in the snow, how many snowmen would you make? Would you name them and talk to them?
The very last thing I'd do if I were stranded in snow would be to get all wet and waste energy!
6. Have you ever tripped and fell while walking up the stairs?
On a semi-regular basis. I actually get confused sometimes while walking upstairs and have to stop and concentrate. Shallow gene pool.
7. If you were to make your own currency what would it look like, what would you call it and would you give some to your fellow Thursday Thunkers?
Meh, I'd just go with the Euro. Why reinvent the wheel? And I'd absolutely share any fake money--which would be marked as fake--with all and sundry.
8. Have you ever made a Mr. Potato Head from a real potato?
I think I did as a kid once or twice perhaps.

2 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

This made me giggle HARD.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

No, that should have been, "Orange you glad you asked?" :) Very funny...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.