Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday Stealing

(Link in blogroll)
The Final Week of 2009 Meme

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Handled life with a bit more aplomb, a little more steadiness, and less anger (for the most part).
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions. Just another way for me to feel inadequate.
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Probably about where I am right now: sitting on the sofa. Maybe taking apart the Christmas tree, or at least organizing all the boxes.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mom. A co-worker. A different co-worker's father. It was a rough June (they all died within three weeks of each other.
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't have a vacation this year, so ... yeah. Just the USA. I did have two batches of Brits staying here, though, if that buys me anything.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Hah. A calm life. The ability of planning more than a week in advance.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 30. My mom died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making nice with my new boss. She seems to think I actually know what I'm doing, scarily enough.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting many projects done. I didn't even start most of them. Sad.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
It's been a remarkably healthy year except for some minor colds and such.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Sparky's bass+amp.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage. That's probably 30% of our monthly money. At least. Honestly: I have no idea what our monthly budget looks like. ...sigh...
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Ozzy's "Crazy Train." Or "Thunderstruck" (AC/DC). Both because of Sparky. [you need to also know that I'm not really a hard rock fan]
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sitting in the sun.
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying.
16. What was your favourite TV program?
CSI. And then Amy introduced me to NCIS, which we've powered through bigtime.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.
18. What was the best book you read?
Just After Sunset by Stephen King.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Ting Tings, and Mika.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
I think I only saw one in the theater, which would be the latest Harry Potter.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
We had just returned from my mom's memorial service, so I expect I was just treading water. It was not a good week for my family-at-large; my sister was stranded because of her health and things were just fubar in general.
22. What kept you sane?
Beast, books, blogs.
23. Who did you miss?
Dad.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't think of anyone new I met besides my new boss.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Listen very carefully. Do the right thing, whether it's hard or not.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.