Sunday, November 1, 2009

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Sunday 7

Name the seven worst candies or treats you hoped you never received on Halloween night.I wasn't really that fussy:
  1. Fruit (apples, oranges) because it always went straight into the garbage
  2. Anything homemade (candy, cookies, popcorn/popcorn balls) for the same reason
  3. Jolly Ranchers--they invariably were stuck to the wrapper or partially opened (the latter meant garbage can time)
  4. Pennies--one house on my block always wrapped 2-3 pennies in a net bag and doled them out. By age 8 or 9, I learned to just skip that house. Why yes, I was greedy on Halloween.
  5. Religious reading material about how Halloween is evil--I never got this when I was a kid, but Sparky did, a couple of times. People, just leave your porchlight off or make sure you aren't home. Doing the pamphlet thing just makes you a target for the nasty older kids. Of course, maybe you WANT to be a martyr?
  6. Mounds--not a fan of coconut
  7. Cheap generic candy--yes, brand matters to 7-year-olds!!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.