Sunday, May 23, 2010

I smoke like a machine gun

(Found here)

What is your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? Based on empirical evidence, it doesn't have a lot to recommend it to me, but as long as everyone is on the exact same page {shrug} whatever.

How's your heart lately? Bloodied.

Did you just wake up? It's 8:30 p.m. and I don't work nights, so... no. Been up 15 hours at this point.

What's the color of the hand soap in your bathroom? The powder room has two: one beige (nearly gone) and one pale green. Upstairs is basic SoftSoap.

The next person you'll hold hands with, will it mean anything? Well, yeah: it'll mean I need to hold their hand. It could be for romantic reasons or a prayer circle or pulling someone back from over the edge.

What is your middle name? What is the deal with this question today?! It is not, unlike everyone in my class at school, Lynn.

What can you hear right now? Catherine Willows and the rest of the Vegas Crime Lab yammering away.

Who was your last text from? Probably Sparky, telling me he was on his way home from work last night.

Are you someone's close friend? I think so.

Last time you cried? During a CSI:NY episode early this afternoon.

When's the last time you looked in the dictionary? I haven't looked in a book dictionary in awhile. Online, probably a week or so....no, it was today, looking up "mardy" to be sure I had it right.

Have you seen all the Rocky movies? I'd rather go to a boxing match than watch those movies.

What books, if any, have made you cry? What's the time frame here? I cry in a good 20% of the books I read!

Last thing you drank? Premixed LIIT.  Best gift Beast has found in the last several months.

When's the last time you chose a bath over a shower? Last night. And the night before. And tonight for that matter.

Where did you sleep last night? In bed, for a whopping 5.5 hours. Stupid insomnia.

Do you have good vision? Is the Pope Muslim?

What was the last movie you saw in theaters? I have no idea, no memory whatsoever.

Has anyone ever cheated on you? Kinda-sorta. Whatever. It was 25+ years ago.

Do you have more friends that are girls or boys? "Girls or boys"?? Really? I know more teenage girls, I guess, slightly. Most of my friends are actually adults, however.

Have you been to New York City? Nope. Not yet. Maybe next year sometime....

Does whatever happens in Vegas really stay in Vegas? Nope. Not in my experience though some stuff, by necessity, does.

Are you closer to your mother or father? Not diggin' this question, but I always got along loads better with Dad than Mom.

Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Uhm, I think that would be an affirmative.

Look outside, how's the weather outside? We've gone from March on Wednesday to July today. Crazy hot-humid.

What was the last thing you saw on TV? Just finished the season finale of Survivor and am now watching last week's CSI

Do the speakers on your computer work? Yup.

Do you have a job? I have a dozen or so jobs. Try it sometime, it's a helluva a fun ride.

Have you ever drank your soda from a straw? "Drank"??? Fuckme.

Do you have any children? Just the one biological one who lives here. That's sufficient. We 'rent' others on a rotating basis, which is lovely. Just like grandparents, I can give them back when they start annoying me.

Have you ever written in wet cement? Yes, at our old house we poured cement "stones" as a path through the yard.

Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Uh. Hmm. Beast, I think. Yesterday.

Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? Nope. Never. My son is way ahead of me on this, by a factor of 2. 

Ever lied about your age? Never saw the need to.

Can you speak any languages other than English?
I can stagger drunkenly through Spanish. I can propel myself slowly through a couple of others--Russian, Greek, German--but it's not really speaking as much as saying "Speak slower" and "Please" and "Thank you."

What is one thing you've learned about life? Whatever's going on, it's going to change. Guaranteed. Not necessarily the way you want.

Do you have any expensive jewelry? I have a few things, because Beast insists on buying them. He is, sometimes, so very much his father's son.

Have you ever punched someone? Not seriously. Well, ok, I have punched Beast a few times rather hard in the stomach, testing his abs back in the day.

Have you ever lied to someone? Oh, for fuck's sake. Only Jesus would say no honestly to this.

What are you looking forward to? Getting tomorrow over with. And the end of the school year.

What do you usually do first in the morning? Turn off the alarm.

What is one emotion you are feeling right now? Tahrdn'ss.

Who did you hang out with last night? Beast.

Is someone of the opposite sex on your mind at the moment? Only cuz you keep bringing him up.

Do you find the opposite sex confusing? As I said a day or so ago, I find people confusing.

What is the reason behind the last time you cried? It was a stupid TV show that got me started.

Is there anybody you wish you could be with right now? No, yeah, I'm good.

Are you gonna be home alone tonight? Nope. That's fairly rare.

Do you have a best friend? Yeah. A few.

How old are your siblings? My sisters were born in '43, '46, and '49 and my brother was born in '53.

What do you carry with you at all times? Chapstick. That's about all that's a gimme.

How many piercings do you have? Just two.

How many tattoos do you have? None.

Do you prefer talking on the phone or online? Online.

Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning.

Are you perfect? Oh yeah, absolutely. NOT.

How many times have you been to Canada? Once.  

Where are you most ticklish? I learned a long time ago not to tell people that. Why arm the enemy?

What color eyes does the last person you kissed have? Hazel.

Be honest, are you you disappointed in anyone? Always. And always at the top of the list is my own name.

If so, who? Yeah...ok, next.

Will you talk to the person you like tonight?  Nice timing--the phone is ringing RIGHT NOW!

Are you friends with the last person you kissed? I am married to him. You figure it out.

What's something someone can do that makes you melt? Forgets to turn on the air?

Do you have reason to smile right now? Sure. Don't we all?

Have you ever woke up next to someone and wanted to puke? Not because of who was next to me, but I have thrown up pretty much immediately upon waking a couple of times.

What do you do when you need to relax? Crosswords, sudokus, read, take a bath, watch TV...usually not all at once.

Do you like things in life to stay how they are or change? I would like some planned change, rather than unplanned stuff.

If someone liked you, what would be the best way to let you know? Tell me, idiot.

If you won a lot of money on the lottery, what would you buy first? Nothin'. OK, if pressed, I'd buy an honest accountant.

Would you honestly say you'd risk your life for someone else? One or two people only. 

Could you forgive a boyfriend/girlfriend or friend who physically hurt you? Not if he did it on purpose.

What's your greatest fear in life? Failure.

Do you have a best friend? Haven't we done this at least once?

Are you afraid of death? Not particularly. More afraid of the lead-up.

Who was the last person you hugged? Uh, Beast, I think.

Are you looking forward to anything? Uhm, early-stage Alzheimers?

Do you open up to people easily? On some (ok, most) topics, yes. Others, no.

What do your friends call you? Mom, [name], Mrs. [husband's last name], etc. Also any girl's first name that starts with the same letter as my first name, which gets a little tedious.

Has anyone upset you in the last week? Huh, fuuuuuck yeah.

What's the best thing about you? I don't give up easy.

Who was the last person of the opposite sex you had a conversation with? Sparky. Sorta.

What's your favorite drink? DDP or LIIT.

Do you miss anyone? I never miss.

Is your room clean? Very dusty in places, and needs drymopping and vacuuming badly.

What are you going to do tomorrow? Volunteer at Sparky's school, chew out a few people there, and then come home and maybe mop and  vacuum my bedroom!

Who is your favorite person to have a serious conversation with? The person before me said, "Serious conversations don't occur often with me." I'll go with that, but my gut answer to this was Amy.

Does any part of your body hurt right now? Nope. I have become comfortably numb.

Do you like coffee? I like the smell most of the time. Can't drink the stuff, though.

Who was the last person that texted you? Repitition R Us--still Sparky, the same text as before.

What are you craving? More booze.

How did you sleep last night? I slept great till I woke up--wide awake--at 5.

What was the first thing you thought this morning? "Yeah, I need to be awake at 5 to get to church at 9:30...why??" Followed by a GREAT deal of trying to get back to sleep before I gave up so that I wouldn't disturb Beast. Apparently, I was supposed to disturb him enough to get him moving before 9. Not that I knew that, of course. Gah.

2 sweet-talkers :

amy said...

OK, so that choked me up a little. And reminded me of a conversation that we had a million years ago in, I don't know, maybe Chilis? in Rkfd, I think, post-mtg, where we started out talking about blah blah meeting stuff and somehow got into a very serious topic about family, and before too long we were both sniffling into our drinks. I'll never forget that you looked me in the eye, seemingly very surprised, and asked why I was crying. I had no answer and could only shrug. The wait staff gave up on us that day, and we stayed at least an hour, probably 2, after the check arrived. Those are the best lunches.

Cat. said...

I remember that lunch vividly as well, though I don't recall asking that.

We always piss off the wait staff; it is our job to do so.

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.