Monday, August 10, 2009

The Queen's Meme

(Link in blogroll)
The Woodstock Meme

The scene: You are at Woodstock. You go alone but meet up with a beautiful man/woman. You spend three days together.
Put yourself inside the peace & love vibe. You can choose to be stoned or straight. I put it in the story for the sake of reality. Just don't inhale in this meme.
This is the conversation you have upon meeting or you can make it into what you overhear others say.
It makes no sense and has no continuity by design.
You must fill in the familiar blanks to finish the story. Some are song lyrics. You may use more than one word to fill in the blanks.

Oh! I forgot to tell you (must be the smoke in here) You have a new name. It must a combination of the first letter of your first name, the third letter of your middle name and the last letter of your last name.
Peace out! Somebody might wanna turn on a fan in here.


1. "Hello, my groovy name is [not repeatable here, and anyway, using the directions makes it all consonants and therefore totally unpronounceable] but you can call me Cat. By the looks of those flowers in your hair, you must be bored. Didn't they tell you? No fidgeting allowed!

2. Come on, Baby, light my cigar. When I lay me down to smoke I pray the smoke alarm and my parents will lay off tonight to keep. If I set fire to my bed before I wake, I pray the Fire Department my buts and ashtray to take. **puff puff**

3. Because the first time ever I saw your
house I realized that what the world needs now is imaginative architects who are sweet but reasonable. Besides, I always feel guilty watching you fix your roof when I should be helping you. But I dig it!

4. Have I told you lately that I
am very tired of you? Hey! Don't step on that toe!!
Dude. That guy is really weird but.....

5. There's a party in my sleeping bag and half a million of my
most annoying friends are coming over tonight and we're gonna do whatever it takes to get my baby off my mind. Darn the luck. It's raining stroller(s) and umbrella(s). Luckily, Papa was a [R]olling Rock Beer rep and I'm on a first name basis with the cops. **puff puff**

6. I'm really digging your
garden up but that rhododendron has got to go. Those flowers in your hair are beginning to smell like skunkweed. Have I told you lately that I can't stand the smell of you? ** puff puff**

7. I'm beginning to see
a monkey in those trees over there. Do you see it? Out of all the millions of hippies here, you are the most straight-edge. But I dig it, man. **puff puff**

8. I'd use all my blood, sweat and
money just to get next to your Ferrari. Love is free but I'd really like to buy that guy's convertible. It says "Make chicken not bratwurst." Far out!

9. I'm grateful to be
nearly done 'cause there's a bad headache rising in Jefferson's Airplane. But that's okay, 'cause Joe Cocker said I could get by with a little vacation from my friends.

10. Oh, by the way, your
burqa is on fire. But I dig it.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.