Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
Heatwave

1. It’s July. How has the weather been where you are?
It's been much cooler than normal here. One of my coworkers is losing her mind over the cool temperatures, and I'm not particularly happy either. It feels like northern Maine in June right now; last night's low was in the 50s!
2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat?
In the abstract, I stay inside, preferably in the basement. Or I go to work, where the daytime temperature never gets above 70. If I have to be outside, I make sure I stay hydrated.
3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that?
Up to a certain temperature, yes. If your sweat glands can't work properly and evaporate to cool you, it's miserable. I like dry heat; humidity just kills me.
4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas?
RE saunas: see previous answer. I like hot tubs, and have been campaigning for one for eons.
5. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been?
In reality, probably close to 110, maybe more. I wasn't paying attention in AZ. But post-partum hormones were the worst I've ever felt.
6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer?
I think over my entire lifetime, it might (might) average once a year. I'm not a beach person.
7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer?
Pretty much in order of time spent: moved the hose around the yards, oiled up with baby oil and 'tanned' in the yard, watched reruns, read, went on vacation with the family...
8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf?
Since I can't swim, this would be a foolish thing to do, no?
9. What’s your favorite summer song?
The one I remember the best as a summer song is "How Bizarre." Over time, maybe "Cruel Summer"? I can't think of anything much else.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.