Saturday, July 18, 2009

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. In a moment of anger, someone close to you says something unkind: even after he or she apologizes, how easily do you let it go?
Welcome to my family. It doesn't even have to be in a moment of anger; we all have a distinct tendency toward tactlessness. And I let it go. Easy enough to do: we all live apart from one another, so there's really no point in making an issue out of it.
If it's someone I thought was a friend who said something really hurtful, I'd probably think it over (i.e., obsess over it for weeks) to decide if it was a reasonable statement. If not, I'd probably back off from a relationship with that person fairly sharply, or we'd have to talk it out.
2. Your boss criticizes you for something you’ve done wrong: how quick are you to put the criticism itself out of your mind?
It totally depends on how it was handled. I do NOT like to be corrected in front of others. Otherwise, I'm ok, unless I've got a serious stake in whatever I was told off about.
3. Take the quiz: Are You Thin-Skinned or Thick-Skinned?
When I took it in May, I was medium skinned, and it seems I still am.
4. As a general rule, are you more encouraging to others, or do others tend to be more encouraging to you?
I'd say it is about even.
5. If you’re on the fence about a decision, how likely is pressure to do what your friends want you to do going to affect your decision?
If it is overt pressure, I'm very likely to dig in and refuse. I'm mulish.
6. Think of the oldest thing said to you that "stings" for one reason or another that you haven’t completely let go of: how long ago did that happen?
I'm still trying to figure out PsychoBoss telling me that when I got hold of a problem I'm like a dog with a bone. This was part of my job evaluation one year, and in the discussion of my reference librarian skills. Uh, duh? Isn't this my JOB: to research the hell outta those questions? This was about 1990.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.