Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
Yankee Doodle Dandy

1. What is your favorite 4th of July memory? (If you aren't in the U.S., then use your own national holiday.)
The day before I got married, my sister had a party at her house with all the family members who were in town for the wedding. It was hotter than heck, but absolutely the most fun. I wish today I could go back to that day, more than my wedding day which was lovely but very artificial. Having a bad bout of missing my sister suddenly.
2. Do you consider yourself patriotic?
I am, but I'm not rabid about it.
3. Do you like fireworks?
Meh, I can take 'em or leave 'em.
4. What are your plans for this weekend?
I went in to work for a few hours this morning in a (mostly failed) attempt to catch up after so much time off. We're hanging out doing nothing the rest of the day. I need to start the salad for tomorrow, when we're going to my niece and nephew's for a get-together. We'll probably go to church too. We'll see. If we do, I'm voting for arriving late and leaving early.
5. Are you optimistic about the future?
In general, yes. Otherwise, I'd probably be suicidal, no?
6. Do you think everyone should serve in the military?
No. I do, strongly, believe that everyone should do some time in service to their country and/or community in their lifetime, a la Americorps.
7. Would you support a constitutional ban on flag burning?
Ab so lute ly NOT.
8. What end of the political spectrum are you?
Can't you tell? After that last answer it should be obvious that I'm a raging pinko Commie! (a.k.a. Democrat)
9. Where do you get your news?
Beast, the net, and "the water cooler." I watched the news more at my sister's house this week than I have in ages and all I ended up with was heartburn from the extreme inanity of it all.
And now I have the title song stuck in my head...yay?

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.