Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday 5

(Link in blogroll)
Fireworks

1. How do you feel about fireworks displays?
I can live with the professional ones once or twice a year. They aren't my most favorite-est thing in the universe, not by a long shot. Homegrown fireworks make me 100% insane. There are people near our neighborhood who set off fireworks practically every weekend during the summer, and at Christmas, New Year's, Easter, birthdays, etc. This time of year, it's EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. And some days.

I probably didn't get so worked up about fireworks before we lived here, and I'm sure I appreciated the shows more. Except for the mosquito factor, of course.
2. What were the details surrounding one of your mishaps with fire?
I inadvertantly left a candle lit when I went to bed one night eight or so years ago. It set off the smoke detector at 1 or 2 a.m. because the "seashells" embedding in it caught fire. I walked into the bathroom and was confronted with a 2-foot flame. Fortunately--since I was mostly still asleep--whatever I did (dumping it into the sink after I turned the water on? I have no idea) doused the flame and there was no damage to anything but my sleep that night. Beast was out of town; Sparky slept through the smoke alarm.
3. Who in your life could be described as a real firecracker?
Me? My sister Ellen came to mind immediately. I dunno--this is not a term I use for people. I usually prefer "pistol" and it's NOT complimentary.
4. When did you last feel you were being put on display?
Every time I go somewhere to do with Beast's workplace I feel this way. Ugh. Fortunately, it's not terribly often.
5. How confident are you in your barbecue skills?
Not very. I don't staff the grill. In fact, I'm not sure how it turns on and off. And I don't like BBQ that much anyway. We mostly just use the grill for steaks, burgers, and brats.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.