Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Stealing

(Link in blogroll)
The Green Meme

1. What is your current obsession? Today: shoving as much processed sugar in my mouth as possible to make up for Lent. Kinda defeats the teaching point of Lent...sigh. Generally: Word Spasm on Facebook.

2. What’s a good coffee place? I hear I make pretty good coffee, so come on over. I don't drink it, but you're welcome to whatever I brew up.

3. Who was the last person that you hugged? FIL as he left for his apartment.

4. Do you nap a lot? Not as much as I'd like to.

5. Tonight, what’s for dinner? We had ham, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and assorted dessert.

6. What was the last thing that you bought? Groceries yesterday.

7. What is your favorite weather? Early fall: hot with a tang to the air.

8. Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week? Besides me? :-) I know Kwizgiver played earlier, so I'll just say I wish I could be in her history classes!

9. If you were given a free house that was full[y] furnished, where in the world would you like it to be? Ydra.

10. Name three things that you could not live without. Realistically: air, water, food. Metaphysically: love, hope, God (sorta redundant, oh well). Boring-day-to-daily: glasses, medications, clothes.

11. What would you like in your hands right now? My pillow.

12. What’s one of your guilty pleasures? Excuse me? What isn't a guilty pleasure for me? I'm a Calvinist!

13. What would you change or eliminate about yourself? I'd like to lose weight, move to Hollywood and become a Mooooviiiieeeee Staaarrrrrr. OK, I'd really just like to lose the weight and get my overall weirdness under control.

14. As a child, what type of career did you want? Grocery store checker, teacher, dancer, banker, wife/mother... kinda whatever was in view at the moment, frankly.

15. What are you missing right now? I'm missing TAR--but we're taping it. And I'm missing, oddly, MIL.

16. What are you currently reading? I've got...uh...three, no, four! books going right now: a book about Nancy Drew, a book on etymology, a book-on-CD about 1789, and I'm still slogging through An Instance of the Fingerpost.

17. What do you fear the most? Discovery.

18. What’s the best movie that you’ve seen recently? "Tropic Thunder" was much funnier, and better, than I anticipated. But I had very low expectations, too.

19. What’s your favorite book from the past year? Last May was a ridiculously great month: Dakota, by Martha Grimes + Ridiculous/Hilarious/Terrible/Cool, by Elisha Cooper + John, by Niall Williams. All three were wonderful in very different ways.

20. Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy? Sugar.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.