Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
Dying to Know

1. What do you believe happens when we die?
Physically, we commence rotting. Metaphysically, no one knows. And you wonder why I like to read mysteries?!
2. Do you consider yourself religious?
I believe in God. I go to church. I am not a fan of the word "religious" which seems to have a lot of connotations that don't apply to me, but I probably am. Religious, I mean.
3. Do you believe in ghosts?
I'm agnostic on the issue. There are some (currently) unexplainable things in the world, but I haven't had a whole lot of experiences myself.
4. Do you believe that people live on other planets?
Well. First let's define "people." Seriously, I have no problem believing that other planets could support life. I doubt very seriously that there are bipedal, carbon-based critters like us though.
5. Have you ever seen something abnormal?
Every day I work, baby! If you mean "paranormal" then I have had one very weird moment when my deceased father's voice said my name rather sternly.
6. Do you believe in reincarnation?
Not really, not in the sense of souls coming back and working through different levels of life-forms.
7. Have you ever witnessed a miracle?
Several. I didn't have cancer, even though I should've. My sister didn't die when I was 3 as the doctors had predicted. My brother spoke, voluntarily, on the phone with our niece on Christmas. Sparky and I saw a double rainbow together a few years ago at the perfect time.
8. Is there a person living or dead that influences your philosophies?
Of course. My family members all keep me in line because I know whatever I do, I'll hear their voices in my head giving me advice and critiquing my behavior. Obviously, Church leaders through history have influenced who/how/what my religious beliefs encompass. Loads of other people.
9. Is there a work of fiction that closely matches your spiritual beliefs?
Most mysteries, actually. Most traditional mysteries are really modern morality plays: bad people eventually are caught and punished, but their bad acts can't be erased. OK, I'm stretching, but since I don't usually read "Christian fiction" I can't think of anything. The Book of Ruth might be on the list, or Plainsong.

These were oddly difficult!!!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.