Friday, January 23, 2009

100 things

(Found at Patrick's)

For these 100 things, put things you’ve done in bold, things you’d like to do in italics, and cross out things you wouldn’t want to do. What’s left are things you don’t have feelings about one way or the other.

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band. High school band class counts, right?
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower Like Patrick, I was underwhelmed.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland. And -World as well.
8. Climbed a mountain. Ayup, several.
9. Held a praying mantis Only because of the hopping thing. I'd've done this as a kid, though.
10. Sang a solo In front of kids, quite regularly: "Deep and wide, deep and wide, there's a fountain flowing..."
11. Bungee jumped I don't think my joints will handle this well.
12. Visited Paris I am not a fan of the French in general.
13. Watched a lightning storm Yup. Heat lightning, too.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. If scrapbooking and HTML count.
15. Adopted a child [Had you asked me this 20 years ago, I would have said sign me up!]
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of The Statue of Liberty [I don't think you're allowed to anymore--boo! Not that I care, really.]
18. Grown your own vegetables I think we'll be doing some of that again this summer.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France [Again, I'm not into France, and the painting itself is quite small and hard to see. So, meh.]
20. Slept on an overnight train Quite a few times.
21. Had a pillow fight I'm not thrilled with them.
22. Hitch-hiked I'd rather stay where I am, regardless of where that might be!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill Not until I was in my 20s.
24. Built a snow fort. I think? With Sparky?
25. Held a lamb. I've petted one.
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon I loved to run when I was a kid. I don't see the point of running 26 miles, though.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. Before the city sinks into the sea, please.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Pretty freakin' cool.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Who has not?
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. I'm warming to the thought of Alaska (no pun intended) and maybe down the Mississippi.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. [CBA]
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. My parents, yes. Their parents...not so much, since there are some mysteries there.
35. Seen an Amish community. Beast's parents used to live quite near Intercourse, PA.
36. Taught yourself a new language. The only way I'm gonna learn Hebrew or Greek, I expect.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Although it's a cliche, I'm afraid it really is wanting what you have rather than having what you want.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. Italy? I'm wherever you wanna take me!
39. Gone rock climbing. I grew up in the Rocky Mountains. It's not a misnomer!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. Would love to see it again--I was too young to properly view it.
41. Sung karaoke Shudder
42. Seen the Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. DREAM vacay!
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. "No, really, you CAN get a moonburn...!" hee hee
46. Been transported in an ambulance Who would want to do this??
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. [I'd rather spend an hour throwing up on dry land, thanks.]
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. Must go back: they were just starting to clean it when I was there.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris CBA
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. [Can't swim.]
52. Kissed in the rain. It's not all that....
53. Played in the mud. See mountain and rock climbing. hee
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. Maybe this summer?
55. Been in a movie. Possibly? I was at the filming of Major League but have no idea if the scenes I was in were used in the film.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. ...and broke my camera, so I have to go back.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class. Only if Tai Chi counts.
59. Visited Russia. In January. Dumb much?
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. What kind of salesperson am I? I'll tell ya: I couldn't even sell Girl Scout Cookies!!
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason. And I loved it.
64. Donated blood. A little over 2 gallons, total, so far.
65. Gone sky diving. This used to be high on my list of must-dos. It's slipping downwards.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration camp. The only interesting thing for me in Poland.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
72. Pieced a quilt. I did a very small one for a doll when I was a kid. It might be interesting to try making a real one someday.
73. Stood in Times Square. [I've still no interest in visiting NYC.]
74. Toured the Everglades But I'll go to NYC before the Everglades!!
75. Been fired from a job. For telling the truth. Nice lesson for a teenager, eh?
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Bittersweet memory, that.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Surprising that I haven't!
81. Visited the Vatican. 'Twould be hard to see the Sistine Chapel without visiting the Vatican...just sayin'.
82. Bought a brand new car. Don't think that's gonna happen again for awhile.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. [I can think of dozens of places I'd rather visit...]
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Yup--job-related.
85. Read the entire Bible. Working on it. I'm about halfway through.
86. Visited the White House. Now that the Obamas are there, I'd kinda like to see it again.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life. If you count Sparky...
90. Sat on a jury Rather be deep-sea fishing!
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club Not my thing.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person Texas is NOT on my list at all.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake Weird.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit Although our church is involved in one right now....sigh.
98. Owned a mobile phone
99. Been stung by a bee Not so much fun, eh.
100. Read an entire book in one day. Multiple times.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.