Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday 9

(Link in blogroll)
'Tis the Season

1. Do you enjoy receiving or giving presents more?
I'm a fan of receiving. I suck at buying.
2. What is you[r] favorite holiday film?
I don't have one. I think they are mostly lame beyond reason, though there is a tiny soft-spot in my heart for the Rudolph TV show.
3. Have you started or finished your gift shopping?
I'm maybe halfway. Have no clues whatsoever for my niece and nephew. Sigh.
4. What does this time of year mean to you?
I'd prefer to bask in the advent (waiting, Come Lord Jesus) aspect, but it's well-nigh impossible to do so.
5. What is your favorite holiday song?
Silent Night. Sung quietly.
6. What do you love about the holiday season?
The faces of little children on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, delivering food and supplies to people who otherwise would have peanut butter for Christmas dinner. Christmas Eve service at church. The happy expectation. Seeing all the tree decorations and telling their stories.
7. What do you hate about the holiday season?
Shopping. Busy-ness. Muzak'd carols. The commercials. The negative expectations.
8. Do religious ceremonies play a part in your holiday traditions? If yes, how?
I try very hard to keep that the center of things. We try to find the advent readings from PCUSA, but I totally forgot this year. And we go to church regularly. I do have to say the whole point of Christmas is...Christ. Otherwise, you're celebrating Saturnalia (or another, intentionally different holiday like Hanukkah or Kwanzaa), which is fine, but it's not Christmas, is it?
9. Who will you spend the holidays with?
Beast's dad for sure. Otherwise, I dunno. BIL may be here. Katherine and Alan may be on the list. We're still very much in flux about the situation.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.