Saturday, September 20, 2008

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. Do you think that capital punishment — as the system now operates — is a deterrent to crime on any level?
Not really so much.
2. With changes and/or improvements to the justice system designed to better enforce capital punishment, do you think it could be a better deterrent to crime?
I don't think so. People are not frequently motivated by logic in the commission of murder.
3. Should the punishment a man who kills a pregnant woman be worse than the punishment a man who kills a non-pregnant woman faces?
Nope. I mean, a lifetime in jail can only be served once, and if you believe in capital punishment, you can only kill somone once.
4. Take the quiz: What Felony Are You?
I was a Stalker when I took it awhile back.
5. You stop by a post office to run in and mail a letter, knowing you’ll only be inside the building for 10 seconds. To park close to the door, there are only two options: you can either park in an open handicapped space (and assume you don’t have a handicapped permit) or park illegally in the fire lane. Would you take a handicapped space, park in the fire lane, or park in a legitimate, legal space and walk?
I never park in handicapped spots unless I'm with someone with a flag/plate. Ditto fire lane. I have handicapped family & friends, and a firefighter brother; they'd all be yelling at me in my head! Also, I live in a small town: my luck, the City Manager would catch me, or my pastor.
6. Should police target people who use marijuana when there is no legitimate medicinal need for it?
I think the whole situation around the marijuana laws in this country is completely BEYOND fubar.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.