Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday's a Bitch

(Link in blogroll)
It's just a sweet sweet fantasy baby

1. How much do you enjoy the fantasy genre compared to other genres of entertainment?
Well, I'd place it above James Joyce and Ernest Hemingway, but far below mysteries and well-written modern books (Kent Haruf, for instance). I have read some good fantasy (i.e. Speculative Fiction without the science) but try to avoid anything with dragons. Dragons annoy me.
2. If you were to be magically sucked into a fantasy world, what character would you like to play? (This can mean a specific character from a series of your choice, or a type of character such as the hero, villain, a mythical beast etc.)
I would like to be Claire in Diana Gabaldon's series. I know, this may not be technically 'fantasy' but oh well. Women who've read it will know why.

In 'traditional' fantasy, I guess I'd prefer not to exist. All the good people suffer so much.
3. Have you read any of Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series? If so, what do you think of it?
I read Twilight to see what the fuss was about. Actually, I listened to it on CD. Not a bad story; I was surprised, actually. However, if I never hear someone's eyes described ever again, it will be too soon. Gaaahhhh. [Plus the reader/vocal talent had a TERRIBLE reading voice: reedy and high-pitched and extremely unvaried, and she mispronounced words. Fire her.]
4. Have you ever participated in any Fantasy Sports?
Nope. I know I'd get way too involved and I just don't want to allow myself that kind of obsessive use of time. Plus, I don't know/care that much about most athletes, and I'm happy with that lack.
5. What's your favourite sexual fantasy?
See #2 above. hee hee hee

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.