Saturday, July 12, 2008

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. You order a plate of wings: what’s your first choice: mild, hot, inferno or teriyaki?
Well, first off, the chance of me ordering wings is pretty small. Secondly, the only wings I've ever really enjoyed were either baked with the rest of the chicken, or battered in parmesan and baked en masse. I just don't care for the mess and hassle of eating wings.
OK, but if I had to, I'd go for the hot, with blue cheese dressing on the side.
2. Which makes the best base for barbeque sauce: mustard, vinegar or ketchup?
I think I should've read these before I started answering the questions. I can't stand BBQ! Really. Yuck. And NOT vinegar. I have issues around vinegar in general, issues that insist that vinegar is a cleaning agent not an edible addition to foods.
3. If you could learn the eleven herbs and spices used in Kentucky Fried Chicken, how likely would you be to attempt to make it yourself? Why?
It wouldn't be that hard to figure out, but it still would never taste like KFC because it's not the herbs and spices that make it addictive; it's the fat content of the oil and batter.
4. Take the quiz: Which condiment are you?
How did I know we were going here? :-) When I did that quiz earlier this week, I turned up as BBQ Sauce. hah!! NOT.
5. Of the condiments currently in your refrigerator, which would you say you have used the least in the last year?
I just threw away a kitchen garbage bag FULL of unused, expired condiments about two weeks ago, so there's not much left. However, of those, it was probably...BBQ sauce! No, but seriously, it was probably that spicy Asian chili oil which I used once three years ago.
6. After months of unsuccessful attempts, you finally get the recipe for a food you enjoy. When making it for the first time yourself, you discover an individual ingredient that you hate in everything else. Would you still make the dish with that ingredient, or would you try it without?
I probably would omit it the first time to see if it made a difference. I do this all the time. So far, I haven't had any problems with 'missing' a taste. But I'm also not precisely a finicky taster.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.