Saturday, July 5, 2008

Patrick's Place

(Link in blogroll)
Saturday 6

1. When is the last time you actually filled your car’s car tank completely?
I rarely allow my vehicle's tank to get much below 1/4 tank because I don't have an idiot light (i.e., a dashboard warning to fill up now!!). The last time I filled up more than 14 or so gallons was earlier this spring. And I always fill all the way up rather than dumping $10 (well, ok, nowadays it would be more likely to be $25!) at a time in.
2. What’s the most you’ve paid for a gallon of gas so far?
Beast filled up his car this morning at $4.19; I've probably only hit $4.10 or so. "Only." Huh.
3. Has the high gas prices affected how much you travel at all?
We live outside of town, and Beast commutes about 25 miles to work, so we're sorta screwed. I suggested on Thursday that perhaps they could let him work from home one day a week (though that was more a mental health thing than a gas thing). I pretty much have to be in the library; they can't ship the books to my house to catalog...can they?? :-)
As far as vacations go, it hasn't really affected us because we are in a holding pattern regarding vacations anyway due to family issues.
4. Take the quiz: What does the road trip of your life say about you?
I took it here.
5. Which single statement was the most accurate about you?
"You're willing to take a few risks in life. You may not take the road no one travels, but you're happy to take the road less traveled." There are a couple of others that are somewhat accurate as well but this one squeaks out.
6. If your best friend called you up and wanted to take a week-long road trip, would you be able to afford it?
Sure. At this point, I'm grateful for any getaways at all, even staying in a hotel 40 miles away. {{snort}} There is delicious irony there, which I'm going to leave unshared.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.