Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Five

(Link in blogroll)

1. If you could change one life-changing event in the life of someone important to you, would you?
I'd like to find some way for my mom's life not to have been so traumatic (as a child).
2. Which do you think is easier to do, being friends for many years, or being life partners for many years?
This week, I'll say 'friends.'
3. Have you ever walked away from someone you considered a friend?
I guess one could look at a couple of situations that way. Then again, I wouldn't feel compelled to walk away from them if we were the sort of friends I wanted to battle to keep, right?
4. If you had to choose between telling the truth and hurting a friend or lying and making them happy, which would you choose?
First of all, timing is everything. Second of all, I learned long ago (three decades, at least) that lying to keep a friend doesn't work. Third of all, if pressed I will tell the truth about EVERYthing. However, some things I would need to be pressed pretty hard. "Do you like my new husband?" for instance requires a certain amount of delicacy.
5. Which would you rather hear--the truth which will hurt, or the comforting lie?
Depends on the question I'm asking. "Does this outfit look all right?" I want truth. "Am I a git for staying in this job/with this guy?" I might just not be asking the right question, so kindness is appreciated. ;-)

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.