Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday's a Bitch

(Link in blogroll)
Potty Mouths Anonymous

1. On a scale of 1 - 10, how foul would you say your mouth is?
It's creeping up there, probably around a 7 or 8.
2. How free with your language can be be around your co-workers? How about your parents?
I keep it fairly clean if I'm speaking generally to people, and with some people I keep it 100% clean. I never, ever swear around my mom, but the woman thinks "Geez" and "crap" are as bad as "fuck you" and "shit" so....I'm relatively screwed.
3. Do you remember how your learned any swear words?
I learned, or at least heard, the vast majority during my public school experience. Any kind of intellectual spin was developed by reading books and having erudite friends to copy.
4. What are your favourite swear word alternatives (dang, darn, etc.)?
"Rats" is big. "Freakin'" and "flippin'" are also in good use. "Shoot" and "dangit" are around. Also, I am not above making vaguely threatening animal sounds: "grrr," "woof," etc.
5. Have you ever gotten yourself into trouble by using inappropriate language? Please share funny stories.
During one college summer, I was talking to Mom about something and started to say "What the hell..." realized halfway through that it was going to be bad but couldn't quite stop in time. What came out was "What the hellllllllkkkkkk...." and a screeching halt in conversation as I looked at her waiting for her to tell me not to talk that way. She looked at me and started laughing.

You know, I don't honestly have any excellent stories about this because I generally know when and where to drop the F-bombs; I wait till I know people pretty well before I start swearing around them.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.