Wednesday, May 28, 2008

from La Kwizgiver

(a.k.a. Allison)

I
Where do you go when you need to just get away? ANYwhere. Just driving, except the price of gas is killing that concept. My room. The bathtub. A park. Somewhere that I don't go as a normal course of events.

Do you believe everything happens for a reason? I think that everything is interconnected. I don't necessarily think that the world revolves around us, though, just that we can learn from everything. Sometimes learning bites, though.

Have you ever thought about moving far away and starting all over? Have done it. Would do it again. Perhaps I need to do just that!

Who is the one person you can always turn to? ...hmmmm....

Have you ever won a raffle? Sorta.

Have you ever sang in front of a large audience? What constitutes "large"? I have sung solos in front of fairly large groups of kids. And I've sung in choirs.

Favorite school field trip as a kid? Natural History Museum. I swear, we went there every freakin' year!

Have you ever square danced? I adore square dancing!

How far have you traveled up north? Just south of Quebec City, where we turned to head south into Maine.

How far south have you traveled? Puerto Vallarta

What flavor do you like on your wings? I don't like 'em spicy. Breaded with Parmesan, or a tomato-y thing with blue cheese dip is fine. I don't care for the Hooters wings (or much else from Hooters, duh).

Who do you wake up for in the morning? "Who"?? I wake up to shut the damn alarm off and go to the bathroom. There is really no "who" involved.

Who is the last person you took a picture with? Someone at work took my picture for our Fb group last week. I think...maybe two weeks ago.

Do you think that global warming is happening? Uh, yeah. D'oh.

Have you or would you ever use and ouija board? Yes. But I don't believe in it.

Have you ever pretended you were happy around your friends but weren't? All the time. Well, around some people. Others get more of the 'real me.'

Where would you most like to visit? Greek Islands, like right now or in October.

Do you think your ex still likes you? DK/DC.

Describe you ex in three words: Why should I?

Have you ever had a pet fish? No. Well, there are fish at work that I look at periodically. I find them deadly dull.

Have you ever been home sick? "Home, sick" or "homesick"? Hasn't everyone been the former at some point?? As for the latter: FUCK yeah! Welcome to first semester freshman year of college (among other times).

Who do you want to win the 2008 presidential election? Well, since Bush can't end up there again, I consider the outcome of the election a victory for the American public regardless of who takes office in January!

Do you know the Soulja Boy dance? No. But Sparky does. ;-)

What is the craziest thing you've done with your best friend? When? Recently? Shit...I'm too old for this question. I've done a lot of goofy stuff over the years.

Who do you think is the most attractive celebrity? Does Nelson Mandela count as a celebrity? If not, Bono.

When is the last time you went to Taco Bell? Last week, I think. I nearly went today. Maybe tomorrow. I love me some pseudo-refried beans!

Have you ever licked a 9-volt battery? Have I? Hmmm....I don't know. "Sparky, bring me a battery!"

Have you ever ordered from an infomercial? I don't even watch 'em. feh

Is there a message on your voice mail? Not anymore; I just listened to it.

Have you ever made a prank call before? About 30-odd years ago, I went through a phase of doing that. With Rosalie; she was a Bad Influence. Ha ha ha ha....

What's your favorite thing to do over the summer? Store up heat and sunlight somewhere so I don't implode in the winter.

How many jobs do you have? Several dozen: cataloger, reference librarian, Library 2.0 point person, general problem-solver, mom, wife, daughter, sister, youth leader, friend, aunt, Clerk of Session, godmother (that sounds weird--how about godparent?), neighbor, soul of patience.... Most of them pay, financially, for shit. ;-)

Don't you hate it when people smoke around you? As a matter of fact, yes. I'm allergic. I came home from the in-laws' this weekend and realized Tuesday morning that my hair STILL smelled of smoke, after nearly 24 hours away from it!

When was the saddest time in your life? Now is making a good run for it.

What is your favorite type of skiing? I like WATCHING bad skiers. Otherwise, I think the whole concept is ridiculous.

Who is your favorite family member and why? Elizabeth, cuz she's cool. I like BIL a lot too.

Do you like Chinese food? Some. The good stuff, yes. I'm in love with Crab Rangoons.

Would you ever be in the Peace Corps? Not anymore. I like my creature comforts: plumbing, heat/a.c.

Do you think you are better then everyone else? No. I'm well-cured of that concept.

Would you ever go on a camping trip without your cell phone? Would I even ever go camping?? Not likely. However, cell phones tend not to be real useful if one is off the beaten path at all.


II
Do you wear slippers? One of the things I'm doing next winter is replacing the hideous slippers I've had for a few years. I've hated them all along. I'm getting some good, warm, NOT scuffy ones.

How many pictures are in your living room? There are three framed "things" on the walls, and and seven framed "things" on the shelves. It's a hard question because two of the ten are paintings, two are papyri, one is a framed invitation, one is a silhouette, and the rest are photographs.

Do you wear a bra to bed at night? There's really no need for that.

Do you ever watch Brady Bunch reruns? I don't search them out, but they are hysterical to find once in awhile.

Are you allergic to anything? Cats, dogs, dust, mold, several pollens, June grass, cigarette smoke, morphine. I think I've developed a problem with eggs over the past several months as well.

When was the last time you called in sick? Last month? Sometime, several times, this winter. I got called on it at my review last month, too. ...sigh....

Have you ever been in a car accident? Thankfully, nothing major, just a couple of fender benders.

What is your favorite snack food? Iced sugar cookies. Or Cheetos.

Do you think you have a big butt? I am Middle-Aged Female, hear me roar! Yes.

Would you like to look like your mom when you are her age? Uh, no. We mostly aren't swimming in the same gene pool; I'm much more likely to look like my dad's mom and my oldest sister. groan

Have you ever seen a tornado? We watch the freakin' Weather Channel all the time! In real life? No. THANK YOU JESUS!

Do you think Barack Obama is sexy? Well, gaaah, no. I don't ever want to think the President is sexy. On the other hand, he's very smart, and that's sexy. Oh shit.

If you won a million dollars, what would you buy first? I'd pay off the mortgage on this house. Buy a new car. Invest the rest in retirement/college funds.

What time is it right now? 6:29 pm

Are you pregnant? Negatory, sir.

Have you ever been pregnant? Yes.

Do you like men who wear pink shirts and flip-flops? My dad wore pink shirts occasionally. I don't like cheap flip-flops on male feet. Most men don't have a clue how to walk in them. And their feet are ugly anyway. ;-)

How many pairs of shoes do you own? I believe we've decided on 30ish.

Do you think you are a hypocondriac? Sometimes.

Do you own a dictionary? Two or three. Mostly, I use teh tubes.

Where was the last place you went on vacation? Uh, Ohio, last weekend?

Do you talk about your friends behind their back? Usually. Also, in front of their faces, and alongside of 'em. {eyeroll}

Are you actually fat but are in complete denial about it? There's no denial here, bubba.

What color is your mouse pad? No le uso.

Does your kitchen have a theme? I abhor the concept of themed rooms. So, like, no.

Do you like to mow the yard? I also abhor mowing. Sparky, ironically, is mowing right now.

Are you addicted to using Febreze? I'm not addicted. I have some. I use it as needed.

What is your ring size? Which finger? What time of year? They are smaller than Beast's ring sizes, though--of that I am sure.

When was the last time you consumed alcohol? Hmmm. Within the last month, but I can't remember where? Coalmens, maybe, a couple of weeks ago? I think.

Do you know someone who gets food stamps? I probably do, though I don't know for sure.

Do you have a basement in your home? Yup.

Are you still in love with 1 of your exes? What is this fixation in surveys with exes?? No. I never really was in love with any of them. Lust, yes--a couple. A few were conveniences. Yes, I'm a user. Move on.

Any big plans for the summer? June: Mission trip with the high school youth group, ALA in Anaheim. July: Debrief picnic with the high school youth group. August: nada.

What is your favorite comfort food? Homemade mac 'n cheese.

Do you prefer broccoli or asparagus? I like 'em both, cooked. I like raw broccoli. Not sure I've ever had raw asparagus.

What color are your bedroom walls? Greek-ocean blue and sand/tan.

Who do you live with? Beast, Sparky, Ruka and Buddy.

Which Star Wars movie is your favorite? I would PAY good money to never seen ANYthing Star Wars-related again in my life!

How about Harry Potter? The movies? The books? I liked the last two movies. It's hard for me to pick one book, though.

What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Speed Racer.

Did you get the popcorn or the candy? Yup.

What is the most romantic text in your inbox? I think there's one there from Beast saying "luv u" or something....

Have you ever played miniature golf on a date? Possibly. Don't remember.

What's a phrase you overuse? Ack-shul-lee.

Where do you buy most of your shoes? Famous Footwear.

Do you always use good grammer [sic]? I'm better at spelling, certainly better than the person who wrote this survey!

Do you have an accent or a speach impediment? Depends on whether you consider "Western middle America" a speech impediment or an accent. I think I sound VERY drawly compared to most people in this area.

What did you eat today? Leftover pizza, yogurt, garlic toast, crackers/ham/cheese, a couple of donut holes, and some hideous, blue, taffy-esque abomination.

What do you do at work? Mutter to myself. Sway to the music. Try not to punch people.

Do you know the rules to any sports? A-yup.

Do you prefer to watch or play sports? Watching is much less painful all the way around.

What is your favorite kind of hat to wear? I love hats. I almost never wear them, though.

Do you pray? Not as much as I should.

Who do you pray to? Welllll, God...?

What is the closest mountain to your house? There AIN'T no mountains in this state! Probably some ski hill in WI or something in Kentucky.

When is the next time you will move? Hopefully not soon.

Isn't there something better you could be doing right now? Yes, making dinner for myself.

Is there anything good on TV? Dunno. It's actually OFF for a change!

Does your significant other have a myspace? Nope.

What is your dream marriage proposal? Flehhhhhh......gaahhhhhhhh.....

What are your nicknames and who gave them to you? The one used by far the most often is Cat., and I gave it to myself.

How often do you wear jewelery [sic]? Yes, just earrings. Or, to fit in, perhaps "earings."

What size engine is in your vehicle? 4-cyl, 2 liter.

What do you need to do tomorrow? Judge middle school end-of-year projects and work.

Who do you hope never to see again? Katie.

Which friend of yours lives the farthest away? Uh...Annie, I guess.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.