Saturday, March 29, 2008

A whole freakin' passel o' Friday Memes that I missed yesterday

(All are linked in the sidebar)

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
What does the color dark green make you think of?
The Packers. And the mountains, with loads of pine trees on the sides.
Soup
How many cousins do you have?
Four. Maybe five, actually; I think one died awhile back. They range from 75 down to 47 years old. I haven't seen any of them in over three decades.
Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how honest are you?
Depends on the situation. I hover between 7 and 9.
Main Course
Name something that is truly free.
Aging. No one wants it, we all do it, and we do it well.
Dessert
Using the letters in the word SPRING, write a sentence.
Smiling, Patricia Rushed Into Nicole's Group.
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
Friday Fun
Style Edition

1. Which decade do you fall in? 20’s, 30’s, etc.? I won’t ask for an exact age!
I'm 44.4 years old, give or take.
2. Do you subscribe to the theory that there are age appropriate clothes? Or can they, in general, span the generations?
Once a woman's knees cave in and let gravity take charge, they should really never been seen in public again. This means no mini skirts and no shorts. Let me just hasten to add that by shorts I mean ass-baring shorts. Bermudas and comfy gardening or workout shorts are fine. I also don't think people should dress in uncomfortable clothes, so I'm willing to let this rule slide a little if the climate dictates. I guess. And of course, 60-year-old women whose knees are still awesome--Tina Turner, please!--can do whateeverthefuck they want!
3. Do you think you "dress your age" in accordance with the current "appropriate" styles?
Yes. I dress like a mom. I'm over it.
4. Are there "young" clothes that you wish you could wear but don’t feel like you still can? Is it based on your age or body type?
I'd LOVE to still be able to wear shorts in public, but OMG--I need to lose almost 70 lbs, before that'll happen!! I don't really like most of the popular styles right now. I didn't like 'em the first time around, in the 70s, either. gag
5. Do you find that you are more comfortable in your own skin as you get older?
Oh, TOTALLY!!!
6. Do you have a thing for a particular kind of clothes? Like you love all things cargo pants, or tennis shoes, or T-shirts, etc.?
I have an INSANE number of T-shirts. I love jeans. I like slip-on shoes, short boots and slouchy ankle socks. Really, I could easily go WEEKS wearing nothing but those clothes and a) be happy, plus b) not need to do laundry very often!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
Friday Fiver
Feedback baby

1. What have you sold?
A lot of glassware that we received as wedding gifts. And a couple of cars. And my sanity. That went pretty cheaply and a long time ago.
2. What do you want to change?
The chemicals in my brain. I'm working on it. It's that time of year.
3. What does your answering machine / voice mail message say?
Hi. You've reached [phone number]. I/We aren't available to take the call right now, so leave a message and I/we will get back to you soon. Thanks." Generic, boring, blah.
4. Where did you go to school?
EPS and CC, followed by graduate studies at one of the two schools that dish out that particular degree in Wisconsin.
5. Friday fill-in:
If you'd like to reach me, good luck.
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
The Friday Five

1. What type of food do you most like to eat?
Anything revolving around carbohydrates of some kind.
2. What type of food do you most like to cook?
I don't like cooking. So...toast. Cereal. Take-out.
3. What ingredient could you not live without?
Seriously? Veggies and fruits. But I'd be very very sad to stop eating carbs.
4. What do you never let in your kitchen?
Vermin. Of any kind: rodent, insect or humanoid.
5. What is your favorite drink?
LIIT, or white wine, or Stoli on the rocks.
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
Friday Fill-Ins
1. Some relationships are meant to end.

2.
The Newsboys (et al.) is the last concert I saw; it was good. Their closing shtick was pretty cool, and the kids we were with had a great time ogling all the band members and getting various things signed: pants, photos, and phones. heh.

3. Spring should be
here soon.

4. Oh no! I forgot
to send an email about tomorrow's meeting. Duh!

5. I've recently started
worrying about next winter.

6.
Babies never fails to make me smile.

7. And as for the weekend, to last night I'm was looking forward to
a bath, tomorrow today my plans include[d] getting a SHITLOAD of work done at work (and I did) and Sunday, I want to sleep, but I'll get up and go to church like a good girl!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
Friday 5
Odd Jobs

1. Who in your life would make a really good butler?
Amy would be great at this job! OMG--she'd be AWESOME! And I mean that as a compliment.
2. Who in your life would make a really good head of state?
My boss. Sorry, not creative. Oh well.
3. Who in your life would make a really good TV talk-show host?
Jules. Or Cindy. Both for all the wrong reasons.
4. Who in your life would make a really good astronaut?
Sparky. He's already pretty spacy.
5. Who in your life would make a really good movie director?
Beast or my oldest sister Marie. They are both REALLY BOSSY!
+ + + + + + + + + + + +
Cinn's Friday 5
It comes with a gold-plated Rolls Royce, as long as you pay for it.

[01] Have you been tested for your IQ?
They did this at some point in school. I only know because I saw the results. By accident, not because they showed me. It's good to be able to read upside down....
[02] Whom would you rather win the World Series, the Red Sox or the Yankees?
I'd rather MLB went bankrupt and we could watch the minor leagues instead. And, hey, I wouldn't cheer for ANY New York or Boston (or east coast) team unless you paid me BIG money (8 digits), or if their win would benefit my team down the road.
[03] What is the best part of your job?
Self-determination.
[04] What was the last creative thing you did?
Some of my answers to these memes have been somewhat creative....
[05] If the Presidential candidate you want to win your party's nomination fails to do so, would you still vote in the November election?
Of course. What an asinine concept--to refuse to vote because you didn't get your way! The silliness of voters always makes me crazy.

Good thing that's it: I'm getting cranky!!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.