Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday 5

(Link in blogroll)
Learning

  1. How and when did you learn to swim?
    I had to pass a swimming test to graduate from high school which meant swiming a length of the pool. I was going to graduate as one of the top 5 students in my class and they had to pass me, so they let me face-float and flail my way across the short length of the pool. I still can't really swim. But I will always be grateful to Beth, who patiently worked with me to teach me the bare minimum.
  2. How and when did you learn to drive?
    I took Driver's Ed when I was 15, and I had about 30 seconds of driving with a (very very creepy) instructor. Really, my dad taught me to drive for all intents and purposes.
  3. How and when did you learn to tie your shoelaces?
    I was in preschool (Maggie Martin) and Could NOT figure them out...and then suddenly I could. I just remember spending hours on it, watched by some boy I now know had a crush on me. At the time, I was just annoyed that he wouldn't go away so I could sort out this complicated shoe-tying thing!!
  4. How and when did you learn to cook?
    Define "cook." I don't think I'm a great cook now, but I can find my way around a kitchen. As a child, I had a couple of cookbooks, and I remember being all excited about making homemade pancakes and waffles for breakfast on Sunday mornings a few times. I've made homemade cakes since I was about 10, and cookies. Mom taught me the basics of potato peeling and food prep. It's just sort of something I learned to do as a matter of course, I guess.
  5. How and when did you learn to type?
    I took typing my sophomore year in high school, but I'd been doing the hunt-and-peck thing before that for awhile. I rocked the typing class and never looked back. ;-) It motivated me to know that my mom could type about 75 wpm error-free at work. Who, me? Competitive?? hah

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.