Monday, January 14, 2008

Manic Monday

(Link in blogroll)

Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture? Have you ever wished you were the opposite sex?
I think everyone has a heavy load to carry, and everyone's is different. I can't really understand some of the difficulties that men have simply because I don't have them, however I can see them in my male relatives. I understand more about what women go through of course, but I don't know if that means women have it worse or not. I remember thinking once, very briefly, as a child that I'd rather be a boy. It had to do with needing my hair washed and the reason I was so dirty (from playing in dirt, DUH!).
What books from your childhood would you like to share with your children?
I have read most of the Laura books to Sparky when he was MUCH younger. He has all the Dr. Seuss books--we read through those endlessly. We also read all the Narnia books together. He never got into the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew, but he was in love with Encyclopedia Brown mysteries for a long time. There are so many good new books being written, though, that I haven't pushed old stuff on him too much.
What is one talent or skill you don't possess but always wanted?
Dancing. I'd've loved dance lessons as a kid.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.