Sunday, January 27, 2008

By the Way Sunday

(Link in blogroll)
Phonescape

How many landlines (telephones) do you have in your house? (In use, that is.) We only have one line in, but there are 5 phones attached to it.

If you have landlines, do you plan on keeping them in the near future? We are considering scaling back to the minimum plan once we find a reasonably-priced cell plan for the three of us.

Do you ever call long distance on your landline? Yes, because my cell service area bites.

Do you own a cell phone? Yes.

Do you consider your cell phone your main line or do you use it strictly for traveling and emergencies? The original plan is that it would be for emergencies, but I use it a lot more than that. I can't use it for traveling because of the plan I'm on.

What brand is your cell phone? What fun features does your cell phone have? It's an LG. It's got a tone of ringtones, none of which I used because it's always on vibrate/silent. I do use the alarm clock sometimes, and I play solitaire on it at odd times. It has a calendar and so forth, also web-access but I never use those things or any of the other bells & whistles.

Can you imagine your daily life without a cell phone? Sure.

Blast from the past...

Do you ever remember being on a party line? We never had one, but I did use one once, though I don't remember why or where. It was bizarre.

Do you remember when your phone was owned by the telephone company? I do. The reason I remember is because my dad hung up so hard one time (on a telemarketer) that he pulled the phone out of the wall. Remember when they were hard-wired.

Do you remember having a telephone number with a prefix that was part letters?
Ex. MU9-0000.
No, but my sisters and brother grew up with that, so I know what our prefix was. They were cool, but awfully random (ours was Sunset).

Last question...Overall, do you think we're better off for having cell phones or not? They are wonderful for emergencies, but I'm not sure we need to be quite so dependent on them.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.