Sunday, December 9, 2007

Adulthood

From Kwizgiver, as usual:

Are you an adult? Mostly, except I tend to regress a bit when I'm around teenagers. Just ask Beast.
How old are you? 44 + one month
How old do you feel? Sometimes 50, sometimes 10, sometimes 20.
Do you consider your self a grown-up? Yes.
Do kids call you mr/miss/mrs? Mrs. or occasionally Ms. (which I prefer), but I really prefer my first name and will correct a lot of kids. My 'real' last name is a little complicated for the kids, and even the short version is difficult to say.
Did you graduate high school? Yeah.
Did you go to college? Oh yeah.
If so, what is/was your major? Double-majored in History and Communication. Double-minored in English and Spanish.
Did your parents go to college? Not one class, either of them.
Have you been back to your high school since you graduated? You know, I don't think I've been back in the building, actually. I've walked the outside a couple of times.
Do you still keep in touch with school friends? Hella yeah.
Have you been to a school reunion? Several of them. They amuse me.
Do you plan to attend a school reunion? Probably. I love to laugh at people, including myself. Why else would you go?
Are you single/dating/married/divorced? Married.
Do you have children? Yes, one son. And apparently I have semi-officially adopted--without knowing it--a teenage daughter. Which is a bit...shocking...to discover at this point!
If so, names and ages? Sparky is 14-going-on-45.
Where do you work? In my cube, at the reference desk, at home and at church. Depends on which hat I'm wearing: cataloger, reference librarian, mom/wife, youth leader/clerk of Session.
Are you happy with the carreer [sic] field you have choosen [sic]? I'm thinking I should start tutoring people in spelling, but I love my job.
Are you satisfied with your income? Eh, not so much, but it's also not a big surprise, and could certainly be MUCH worse.
Do you hang out with your co-workers? No, not the ones from the library at least!
How many hours do you work per week? For pay: 32-25. For the 'other' jobs: 30-40.
Do you rent or own a home? I think we may own the siding and a few windows. The bank owns the rest at this point.
Is your home big enough? Yes! (No, we are not buying a bigger house for Beast to fill with more crap!)
Do you throw parties often? Define "often." We have three or four a year.
Do you want to move? I LOVE my house, but I don't like this area in a lot of ways: weather, overall friendliness of people, scenery....
What do you do for fun? Read, sudoku...and blog.
Favorite TV shows? Survivor, CSI, TAR, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs....
Do you have a TVO/DVR box to record shows? Nope. Maybe next year.
What size is your biggest TV? Around 27 inches, I guess.
How much do you spend on groceries weekly or monthly? Oh, shit, I have no idea (I know, I should). Maybe $100 about every 10 days, I think.
Do you have pets? Sparky has a guinea pig.
What vehicle do you drive? 1999 Ford Ranger
What do you like or dislike about your vehicle? Like: manual tranny, consistent and reliable, fun to drive, small, no car payment
Dislike: slides easily on water and ice, the dash has electrical problems (I can't use the gas gauge at all anymore), the extended cab is relatively useless for extra passengers

If you could back in time, what advice would you give yourself at age:

age 5:
Laugh. A lot. Play more than you laugh. Tell Del to shut up more.
age 16: Trust yourself more. Give other people a break.
age 18: Relax; don't be so freakin' uptight about sleep. And thank your friends for being there.
age 21: Things will work out. Don't be in such a hurry.
age 25: Babies would be a good idea, nowish.
age 29: Stand up for yourself with medical 'professionals.' Take pictures of Sparky with Dad. Take pictures of Sparky with Ellen.
age 35: Find a therapist and get your shit sorted out. Appreciate what is good around you. Don't pick sides at church.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.