Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Threesome

(Link at left)
From the Ad Council:
::The Dentist or Flying?::

Onesome: The Dentist?-- ...a bigger 'scary factor' than than flying? What do you think?
Neither scare me in the sense of a phobia. I don't particularly enjoy either, though for totally different reasons. Dentists generally mean pain for me (tho' my last visit was wonderful, and I got a high five for flossing), while flying nowadays is just a hassle in terms of airports/ticketing/waiting.... Having said that, about ten years ago was the first time I was ever nervous about flying for no real reason, and that hasn't gone away (hasn't gotten worse, either).
Twosome: or-- maybe you have coping skills to handle dental visits? Would you care to share any of them?
Dentists, and gynies, are necessary annoyances. The option of not going is ridiculous since that only prolongs any potential treatments that need to be done once you return. And if you follow directions to the letter when things are going well, it means there is less of a chance of trouble down the road. Having had to have Major Stuff Done (in both doctors' venues--ahem), I've found that the "regular" visits are a piece of cake in comparison.

Mmmmm, cake.....
Threesome: Flying-- has received a really bad rap this year. Deserved? ...or is all sweetness and light now?
It has? More than the previous years? Really. Well, as I said above, flying itself doesn't bother me that much (more than it did when I was a kid, but not phobicaally). It's the surrounding hoopla that drives me crazy. And dealing with people in mass quantities is not my idea of fun. Right now, the whole situation just gives me more reason to wish I had a pilot's license (and money for a small plane of my own).

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.