Thursday, September 6, 2007

3x Thursday

(Link at left)
Funks

1. How do you get thru and past a work funk? When it happens, is it just a case of 'I don't want to be here', or is it something else?
Music in my headphones helps a lot. Being able to knuckle down and plow through a lot of work quickly helps; basically, accomplishing SOMEthing helps a LOT. Sometimes, it's just "I don't want to be here" but usually, where I work, it's personality-related, little clashes with other people (staff or the public) that mess up a perfectly good day.
2. What about relationship funks? Do you think that sometimes a little time away from the other person helps things? Why/why not?
I am slowly learning that space is a good thing, as long as there is a definite "scheduled end" to the time spent away. So, disappearing completely is bad, but saying, "I need to sleep on this. Can we talk about it in the morning (or next week)?" is better. Earlier this week it was, "I'm VERY cranky so I'm going to bed early before I instigate an argument."
3. What about when you get annoyed with a friend, or vice versa? How do you deal with those kinds of situations?
Unless we're talking about a friendship-dealbreaker, I usually take a T.O. and don't deal with it. If it's a pattern, a regular thing that annoys the crap outta me every single time, then yeah, I will eventually bring it up, or just stop hanging around that friend.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.