Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Music

from Janet
1. Go to the Billboard #1 Hits listings (scroll down and you’ll see them separated by decades on the left in the sidebar)
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Pick 5 songs and write something about how these songs affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends
(skipping this part--if you wanna do it, do it)
So, 1981/1982, then:
The week I turned 18, the top song was Private Eyes, by Hall & Oates. Later on, in February, they had another one hit #1: I Can't Go for That (No Can Do). Yipes. I remember liking them. I certainly know most of the lyrics to both of 'em. Otherwise, they don't hold any outstanding memories. Sorry.

I Love Rock n' Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts --Listen, this woman can rock. She has a new album out (last year, maybe), and it is just as good as this song. I loved the video too. She looks pretty good too.

Abracadabra - The Steve Miller Band -- I HATED, HATED, HATED this song!! I still turn it off before the end when it occasionally pops up on the radio. Lame, stupid, retarded...whatever. Stoo-pud before I knew what stoo-pud was.

Jack & Diane - John Mellencamp -- This song always reminds me of my freshman year and my college roommate, who sang the "hang on to sixteen as long as you can" lines with a great deal of angst. I loved the song then, though I wasn't too keen on the video. Now, I love the video too: it makes me laugh. And I still like the song. And the artist.

Who Can It Be Now? - Men at Work -- This whole album made me laugh. I loved ALL the videos, and the songs were good, different stuff. How often does the flute make the top 40 (outside of Chicago...and Jethro Tull)?
I'd just like to add that from the 2006 list, I recognize a total of three songs. Feh.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.