Sunday, April 8, 2007

What Else Do I Read?

In the library blogosphere, this meme has been going around for a couple of months. I found it during the midst of Lent, and hung on to it to post when I was able to. Yes, I actually do read other stuff besides memes! I only blogroll the meme sites on this blog, but here are five other places I lurrrvvvve:
Random Acts of Reality. Tom Reynolds supplies my London fix and my reality fix. He is an EMT who is relatively uncensored in his description of the weirdness he sees in London on the job. He's also written a book, which he charmingly refers to as Da Book.

Cheesehead in Paradise. A working woman's blog, not unheard of. What makes this one special to me is that this working woman is a happily married mother of two who works full-time as the pastor of a Presbyterian church in my general vicinity (I've never met her, and don't know specifically what church she shepherds) that is about the same size as my church. She is funny, irreverent, and honest.

Bathrooms of the World. I found this within the last couple of months. It is not updated regularly, but the blog-owner accepts submissions from readers (so go take photos, people!). Regardless of what is posted, I almost always smile.

The Zenformation Professional. If I were fifteen years younger, and unmarried, and brave--I'd totally ask Jason out. Since I'm none of these things, I just read him and thank God that there are "Non-Traditional" librarians out there telling it like they live it. I laugh, or gasp, nearly everytime I read something he writes.

The Freakonomics Blog. I loved this book. This blog continues looking at "economics" from a Regular Joe point of view. The topics are wide-ranging, and though I delete several every week, I also save and savor at least three or four a week (and find about that many each week are very applicable in my job).
I'm going to do this at my regular blog too, because I have 156 feeds, and it's really hard to narrow my choices down to just 5. So, yeah, cheating. Deal.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.