Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday Melee

(Link at left)

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
I'm listening to Jasper Fforde's Something Rotten right now (on CD) and revisiting the Neanderthal Nation right now. One of the things that struck home today in the description of the difference between Neanderthals and humans (in the story) is that humans are always about hurrying and getting things done. This is one of my failings, I know. We shouldn't worry so much about what gets done, and more about how it's done.
2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
All of us. Every single one of us. At times. Something to keep in mind when we get all uppity about other people's failings.
3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
I'm rather annoyed that I haven't heard any cicadas yet. We're in the 17th year, so we should be getting serenaded.
On the other hand, today was the first day of Frog Season in the pond across the street. Man, those dudes can SING when they want a girlfriend!
4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
The local Sheriff's Department, or at least the one criminalist who took time at the end of his day at 6 p.m. to talk to my twerpy son for said boy's Ginormous Project. He didn't have to do it, but he was a very good sport about it.
5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it
I'm not always cranky...though you wouldn't necessarily agree with that if you only knew me from my blogs. Sometimes I'm a big gooey dork. :-)
6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
I wish I could feel as relaxed and contented as I do tonight more often.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.