Friday, July 7, 2006

Friday Fun

Fast-paced Friday

1. Do you ever feel overwhelmed with your day to day life?
Yes. Often.

Mostly in the winter.
2. What, if anything, do you do to slow it down?
It's not the pace that pulls me down, it's the sameness and lack of sun. I'd actually rather be busy than bored.

My way of handling it involves some or all of the following: ignoring the tedious stuff, bulling through what needs to be done, crying, sleeping, blogging, reading, eating anything that's not nailed down, feeling sorry for myself.... Not very productive methods at all.
3. Is there a particular time of year that is particularly crazy for you, like tax time or summer?
At work, it's April/May because that's the end/beginning of our budget year. People are buying books like mad either to spend out the end of the budget or because we suddenly HAVE MONEY!

May sucks from a school-year standpoint too: lots of projects come due, lots of school-related events to attend, etc. The weather generally isn't dependable, and I'm desperate for summer to arrive so I can start accruing Vitamin D.

Late November and December have been bad too, but I think I may be recovering from the funk I was in for ten years around that.

And February is the absolutely bloody longest freakin' month of the year!! That's when I start to wonder if winter is ever going to end. By the first of March, I've convinced myself that spring is never coming.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.