Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Five

April 21, 2006

1) How do you feel about people who commit suicide? Such as, do you feel that they are too lazy to deal with life, have depression, do you feel sorry for them, etc.?
There are two different situations here: choosing death over a painful, slow death caused by a terminal disease (other than life itself); and depression suicide.

The former I have no problem with, assuming you've settled all your emotional accounts with family and friends and so forth.

The latter is, I suspect, what's at issue here. I've had a couple of friends kill themselves. I'm still pissed about it, and sad. I don't think it's laziness though. I think they did it out of pain and having nowhere to turn (in their minds). Which is why, up above, I say that you need to settle your emotional accounts before you do this.

2) What do you think people say about you behind your back?
"What a bitch!"
Do I care?
Not really.

3) If you could own and operate any major business, what would it be?
Bookstore, but I'm way too lazy to do it.

4) Are you/would you be embarrassed to talk to your friends or family about sex?
I have a 13-year-old son. It's embarrassing but necessary. I do not talk to my 'family of birth' about sex. Ever. It's Not Done.

5) In some cultures, young women are married and begin families as soon as they start a menstrual cycle. Do you believe this is right or wrong? Why?
My cultural background says it's wrong. I don't think girls as young as 11 or 12 should be put in the position of potentially getting pregnant. I don't think their bodies are ready for that.

As another cultural issue, I think that societies that do this generally select and "appropriate" husband for her. I'm completely against that. If you can't figure out why, you suck.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.