Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Pre-lunch break

Tuesday Twosome
Holiday celebrations...

1. Do you celebrate a religious meaning to this season and if so, what (Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.)? If not, why?
Yes, Christmas, after all, means “Christ’s mass,” Christ’s festival. So, yeah, it’s religious. And not meant to worship the great god greed.

2. What does this holiday season mean to you and why?
As a general season, I wish I could achieve the proper sense of anticipation during Advent each year. It usually devolves into panic at least once. This year, however, I haven't hit panic yet, or antipaction for that matter. It's been weird. This particular year will probably be memorable in that The Beast has been sick for most of it. And for my mom going into a nursing home.

3. Which do you enjoy the most: giving presents or receiving presents and why?
I used to live to receive them. I’ve realized over the last 15-20 years that I really prefer giving them. Not sure if I can pinpoint when that swap happened. I still like opening prezzies though…who doesn't.

4. Name two holiday movies that best describe the season for you:“It’s a Wonderful Life” (although I’ve never seen it), and “The Sound of Music” (which I don’t actually consider a Christmas movie, but everyone else does for some reason….). The titles are perfect.

5. Name two holiday songs that best describe the season for you:“Silent Night, Holy Night” (I love Christmas Eve services), and “Joy to the World” (self-explanatory).

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.