Thursday, July 29, 2004

Back in the Meme swing

Link: The Thursday Threesome
Title:  ::Knit One, Purl Too::

Onesome- Knit one: Do you have a crafty hobby? Knitting, stitching, scrapbooking or model building, whatever it is, tell us about it! Or is there a crafty hobby you'd like to take up if had the time and/or money to do so?
    Yes, I scrapbook.  Used to be religious about it:  a monthly date to spend six straight hours.  Now I haven't really touched it for about 10 months.  On the other hand, with the number of pictures we took in England, I'd better get back on that pony quick! 
    I know how to knit, but can't get myself to finish any project.  Always feel like I'll get around to it and never do.  What a waste.  [I also know that the saying this meme is based on is "Knit one, purl two."]
    Both my grandmothers and one of my great-grandmothers quilted.  We have a large collection of quilts in the family.  I'd love to do that, but I know that I am quite disorganized and need an outside source to account to if I start something like this.  Someday, soon, I hope to find someone to make me responsible for creating a (small) quilt.
Twosome- Purl: Or rather, pearl. What's your birthstone? And while you're at it, what's your sign? *g*
    I feel like I'm being picked up in a bar! :-)
    Topaz.  Scorpio. [November, if that's too complicated]
Threesome- Too: Too much? Have you had enough of the political coverage already? ...or are you waiting for things to really gear up in the Fall?
    Nope, but probably soon.  Been outta the country, listening to other people's political weirdness.  Try this on for size:  "If you're a small business, you'd be a lunatic to hire a woman of child bearing age," says Mr Godfrey Bloom, a British Member of the European Parliament.  Yeah.  OK, dude.  Come say that in America.  To me.  Cuz you'll get an earful about "child-bearing age" not necessarily meaning "able to have children."  Etc.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.