Thursday, May 20, 2004

Threesome

Link: Thursday Threesome
Title:::Beginnings, Middles and Ends::

Onesome- Beginnings: Are there any television shows out there that you've watched regularly from the very beginning? Or for those of you not into TV, any book authors that you've read from the very beginning?
The last show I watched that closely was probably "Happy Days"...or "Laverne & Shirley."
Authors I've read since their first book: Janet Evanovich, Sara Paretsky, Sue Grafton, Patricia Cornwell
(but no longer) and Kent Haruf (but he hardly counts since he's only written two books!). There are probably others but those are some that stick in my head today.

Twosome- Middles: What about shows that you came into in the middle of the season but immediately grabbed your attention and turned you into a die-hard fan? Again, for non-TV fans, have you ever begun reading a series of books in the middle and then just had to read everything else in the series?
I do like "CSI" (the original) and my guilty secret is watching "Trading Spaces" episodes over and over and over...
As for books, I actually have lists of authors and their titles that I go back and read. I've done so with J.A. Jance and several other mystery authors. I'm a little compulsive in this area, actually.


Threesome- And Ends: Recently, a number of big name shows have ended, Friends, Frasier, The Drew Carey Show, and the cult hit, Angel. Did you watch any of the big finales? Have you ever been really sad to see a show go? Ok, readers, here's one for you. Have you ever read the end of a book first? Why? ;)
RE the latest crop of shows: Nope. But I am sad that "Frasier" is gone as I do think it was a pretty good show, back when I had time to watch TV during the week!
RE books: Laura Moore did this all the time in high school. I tried it a couple of times, but never could figure out what the draw was. So I didn't. Even assigned books I hated I didn't and don't do it; and now I'm wondering why I never thought of it!

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.