Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Librarian Meme!

Link: library_grrls via Ye Catalogue Blog, because I'm stealing EVERYthing from her today! :-)
Title: Librarian stereotypes meme

1. Own a cat(s)? Nope. Allergic. More of a doggy person anyway.

2. Drive small sensible, economical car? Nope. Truck. (but it is small...)

3. Wear comfortable, sensible shoes? Some days. Today I'm wearing new shoes so they pinch a bit. I love shoes. There was a point--young-marrieds, no cash--when I was not even allowed to be near a shoe store! I've given up on the 3-inch heels and mules, though. ;-)

4. Read constantly? Well, yeah.

5. Never goes out? Define "out." I go out all the time: to the store, to Little League games, to work, etc. OK, seriously...actually, I'm going to a bar this Friday. Otherwise, I don't have that much time to "go out." Because, see, I'm married. With a kid. And I work full time.

6. Sexually inexperienced? See the end of the last answer. Married. Kid. So....no.

7. Friend are all librarians? NO! In fact all my relatives are librarians....ok, only 2 others, the rest are teachers. My friends are bookkeepers (the $$ kind), chemists, small business owners, stay-at-home Moms, consultants, ComEd repair techs, and a few librarians.

8. Could care less about fashion? I like to laugh at fashion. I don't like "girly" fashion, but do like comfy fashion: cargo pants, Tshirts, hoodies, jeans...

9. Lean to the left when it comes to politics? Yep. Got me here.

10. Was a nerd in high school? Got me here too. Hopeless nerd. For which I thank my stars!

11. Wear hair in a bun? Sigh. I'd actually like to figure out how to do a bun... But no, although in almost every other style I can figure out!

12. Am constantly covered in dust? Cheetos dust only.

13. Librarian by day/Bacardi by night? Heh. I drink Bacardi. Not sure I have the tan for the ad campaign though...among other 'issues.'

14. Wear glasses? Yep.

15. Female? Yep. Last time I checked the DNA.

16. Abilities in the yarn arts? I can knit, but not particularly well. Don't know how to crochet. Or tat. Waiting till retirement to take that up... hah

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.