Saturday, May 22, 2004

Bloggerseeds

Link: Bloggerseeds
Title: Random Questions; Random Days... Friday, May 20
Do you daydream? If so, what about?


Yesterday I was sitting on my front porch watching the storm clouds blow past and trying to figure out what direction they were blowing. Again, I'm in a house that doesn't face a straight direction! I think I was looking SE, but maybe SSE? Anyway, the clouds were blowing to my left. And I realized I'd had my brow furrowed for quite some time working this out, which is when I just laughed and realized I'm going to become a very dotty old lady.

Otherwise, I sometimes daydream about relationships: what I should have said, who I should be calling, reasons I love/hate the other person, stupid stuff I've done and so forth.

Other times, I'm daydreaming about my mental list of chores to be done: Vacation planning, hanging pictures, painting, reminding myself of other people's schedules, figuring out a mealplan for the week, inputting receipts in Money...

What I've also discovered is that if I daydream too long, I tend to end up asleep. Is this incipient middle/old age, or a sign that I really need to get more sleep?

I used to have a fantastic fantasy life; but then real life intervened. Maybe I'll get it back in a decade or so...

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.