Saturday, July 20, 2013

Yay

(Found here)

01. Who is your favorite movie actor? Probably right now I'd have to go with Jennifer Lawrence. She's good at acting, and awesomely funny. She's moving up on Sandra Bullock fast.
02. What was the last book you finished? What book are you currently reading? The last one was The Cuckoo's Calling ("Robert Galbraith" a.k.a. J.K. Rowling). I'm currently reading a shit-ton of other books: Dream New Dreams, by Jai Pausch; Mystery Writers of America Presents The Mystery Box, (ed. Brad Meltzer); Leonardo da Vinci, by Luke Syson; Help, Thanks, Wow, by Anne Lamott; In the Footsteps of Jesus, by Jean-Pierre Isbouts; A Little Book for New Theologians, by Kelly M. Kapic. Crazy.
03. Do you play The Sims 2 or 3? I have played it. Not recently. I like the PC game the best, and I haven't updated it in over 10 years.
04. How much do you watch TV on an average day? By choice, maybe 3-4 hours on average. It's on a lot more than that, though.
05. What is your best friend's mom's name? Y'know...I'm not sure of one friend's, and the other friend's has just flown out of my head. Beast's mom's name was the name of the only purported female Pope.
06. Are you a fan of Lady Gaga and/or Ke$ha? In terms of mindless fun, they're great. In terms of the advancement of civilization, they are the pits.
07. Have you ever painted a picture? Sure. Paint-by-numbers was around when I was a child. And there were all those "art projects" in grade school. I'm no artist.
08. What is your favorite cereal? Froot Loops.
09. Do you play games on the Internet often? Unfortunately.
10. Do you have anything personalized? (a bag, towel, pillow, etc.)  I can't think of a single thing that I've paid to have my name or initials put on.
11. What does your favorite pair of shoes look like?  I do NOT play favorites with my shoes! That's like picking my favorite kid. (ok, yeah, I know...)
12. What is your school's colors/mascot? My grade school was gold and black=Mustangs; my junior high was red and white=Panthers; my high school was blue and white=Pirates; my college was orange and white=Pioneers; my grad school was gold and black=Panthers. Full circle.
13. What type of building do you live in? A house.
14. Do you edit pictures before you let people see them? Depends on where I'm posting them, but generally not.
15. What kind of decorations do you have in your room? In my room?? I don't really have a "decor" going in this house. It's comfortable. Not fussy.
16. Do you get along with your siblings, if you have them? Yes, for the most part. We all tolerate each other's eccentricities fairly well.
17. What is the longest song you have on your music player? I don't ever use a music player; I use Pandora or (more commonly) Spotify. The longest song I've got starred on Spotify is "Alice's Restaurant Massacre," by Arlo Guthrie, at over eighteen and a half minutes.
18. Have you ever listened to Passion Pit or Vampire Weekend?  I don't recognize Passion Pit, but I have listened to Vampire Weekend.
19. How many plays does your favorite band have in your music player? See #17.
20. Did you go to school today? Uh, nooo.....? I did go to work, though.

***

Have you ever...
Stood at the end of a rainbow? Is that even possible?
Drank blackcurrant and orange cordial mixed together? Sounds rather horrid. No.
Not eaten anything for a day? Yup.
Traveled for a whole day, non-stop? Yes. This is what train travel is like, yo.
Dressed as a cowboy/cowgirl? Of course.
Swam with dolphins? Nope. Seems to be an awful lot of swimming questions lately.
Been on TV? Yes. Sort of...as part of a large group.
Appeared on Google? If you google my "real name" you'll find me. Hopefully not anywhere that leads here though.
Met your favourite music artist? No, which is fine because I'd only embarrass myself and ruin the good feelings I have about them.
Performed in front of a large audience? See the TV question above: how does "several million" sound?
Been asked for your autograph? Hah! No. Signature, yes, though.
Made someone so happy, they cried? Yes. I'm SURE it was tears of happiness. No, REALLY!
Made your own clothing? The last article of clothing I made was a couple of flannel nightgowns which I wore freshman year of college until a guy made a snide comment about the one I was wearing in the hallway of my dorm (at midnight, when there weren't supposed to be guys around, but wevs...). As I recall, it was very Laura Ashley-esque and Victorian, with a ribbon tie around my throat.
Been swimming outside in the winter?  Again with the swimming?! And no.

***

This Or That
Broccoli or Cauliflower? Broccoli
Fish or Meat?  I guess, if I had to choose, fish.  But really, fish IS meat, so....
Cereal or Toast? Toast
Dress or Jeans? Jeans
Screamo or Rap? ...uh...rap? Only because I don't think I need any more screaming in my life.
Star or Moon? Moon.
Aeroplane or Helicopter? For what purpose? And yo, join the 20th century like the rest of us did 50 years ago or more and spell it right!
Black or White?  Black.
Rainbow or Greyscale? Yes.
Land or Water?  Land.
England or USA? USA, though England is very special to me as well.
Unusual or Common? Toward the unusual end of the spectrum, but not all the way at the end.
Scarf or Gloves? Gloves, but I get the scarf out by midwinter. And a hat.
Vinyl or Tape? Digital...?
Tape or CD? Digitial...?
Snoopy or Garfield?  SNOOPY!!

***

Random Questions
Do you sit at a table for dinner? Not usually.
Pick up the nearest book and turn to page 24. What is the last sentence? "The first of these may have been the Madonna Benois, taken with him to Milan, a picture that shows that even when undertaking such standard productions Leonardo would turn the image into something extraordinary."
If you put out your right arm, what's nearest to it? I'm sitting on left end of the couch: there are two books, my phone, a magazine, the TV remote, two receipts and two blankets within reach.
What brand is the nearest chocolate bar? Believe me, if there had been a chocolate bar in the house tonight, it would be inside me by now.
What is the nearest red item? One of the blankets is red and white plaid with lime green.
What channel is your TV on, if it's on? "Discovery Fit & Health" : I'm watching "Untold Stories of the ER."
Do you even have a TV in the room you're in? Well, obviously. 
Do you have a pillow with an awesome pillow case?  It's functional. I don't need 'awesomeness' in a pillowcase.
What are the curtains in your bedroom like? They are pale blue, lined curtains. I'm going to replace them pretty soon. They're not working for us very well.
What size is your bed? King-size.
Do you have wallpaper or painted walls in your bedroom? Paint.
What is your favourite pattern?  Stripes.
What is your favourite reality TV show? We watch a lot of "The Deadliest Catch" and assorted pawnbroker, car, and antiquing shows.
What is your favourite programme on MTV? I haven't watched anything on MTV in at least 8 years.
Do you watch Friends? If so, what's your favourite episode? Nope. Watched it for a couple of seasons, and then got bored.
Do you watch Big Brother? Nope. Yuck.
Have you ever been outside of your own country?  Yes.
If so, what's the first country you went to? England.
Have you ever attempted to play a guitar? Yes.
Do you have an interesting nationality? I'm a northern-European-American mutt.
Do you have any famous relatives? Not that I'm aware of. Thank God.
Have you ever been in the middle of a family argument? Uh, yeah. Welcome to my family: pick a topic, any topic, and ... GO!
Have you ever thrown food at someone? Not with intent, no.
Have you ever had an argument with a teacher? Uh, yeah.
What is your favourite fruit? Apples.
If you could work anywhere in the world, what would you do? I'm doing what I want to do where I want to do it with some of the best people I could think of.
If you could run away and start a fresh right this moment, would you? Wow, that would be way too much work.
Do you live in a warm country?  It's definitely warm right now!
Do you own a water pool? As opposed to, say, a sand pool? Or a sulfuric acid pool? No.
Have you ever bought something on eBay?  I haven't. Beast bought speakers for my former truck on eBay, though.
Have you ever sold something on eBay? No, and unfortunately, neither has Beast.
Have you ever heard of the band McFly? If so, do you like them? Heard of them, yes.
Have you ever cooked a large meal?  Uh, yeah. Even year, at least once.
If you could be God, would you? No freakin' way!!

***

Would you rather...
Live in a large nice house alone, or a small cheap house with others? Uh, specifically, WHICH others? I'd rather be alone that with obnoxious people I can't escape.
Would you rather be the most famous person alive, or have no friends? Given those two options, I'd rather have no friends. There's always Blogland.
Eat something extremely spicy or extremely bitter? Bitter, I think.
Be obese or anorexic? Obese. Easier to fix.
Have no self esteem or be too full of yourself? I think I'm already on this rollercoaster ride.
Eat a big bowl of rubbery egg or a cup of raw egg? Toss me that cup...I'll mix it in with some juice and it'll be good.
Be too tall or too short? Too tall.
Be a cow or a sheep? Oh, definitely a cow. I have no respect for sheep.
Drink lavender oil or eat vaseline? Eat Vaseline. Been there, done that. Yes, my mom had Strange Ideas About (some) Things.
Eat a human eyeball or a human tongue?  I'm pretty sure there are recipes out there that could make the tongue edible in some way.
Be the cleverest and ugliest person alive or the dumbest and most attractive? This will comes as no shock to most of you but I would prefer brains over looks.
Have a cat or a dog? Dog.
Be a duck or a chicken? Duck. They're mean little buggers; I might live slightly longer.
Have a brace or awful teeth?  In the US it's called "braces" and I've had them, so I no longer have "awful teeth"--though I do have fewer teeth than normal people because of them.
Do maths everyday or science? Math, as in arithmetic.
Have an American or an Australian accent? American. Unless I'm also living in Australia.
Have no hair or have too much hair? On my head, I'd rather have too much.
Smell disgusting for life or have a nose bleed for the rest of your life? Nosebleed. I wouldn't be likely to live very long if I was bleeding all the time.
Be fancied by every person/animal alive or no one?  No one.
Have one arm or one leg? I'd prefer to lose an arm.
Be a famous musican or the president for the day? I'd rather eat that eyeball now. I have no interest in being "known."
Have to wear an eyepatch for life or an arm sling?  Eyepatch.
Be male or female? I'll still with female, since I'm fairly used to that.
Die from being to hot or too cold? Cold. I hear the end is very peaceful and painless.
Be in a prison or mental hospital for a month? Mental hospital, preferably separated from all the other patients. Having been on a locked ward (visiting), I'd prefer never to return, but I don't want to be in prison either. Unless it's a white-collar prison.
Have curly or straight hair? Straight. But really, wavy.
Be 18 for life or 21? 21. If I'm stuck there forever, at least I'll be able to buy my own booze.
Never experience childhood or adulthood? I'd rather stay a child than have to grow up so fast as to never have a chilldhood.
Own a private beach or a pool? Pool. Much easier to keep clean and usable. But really, neither.
Be a widow or be single for life? Single.
Be spiderman or superman? I don't want to be a man. I'll opt for Wonder Woman.
Sweat cheese or puke marbles? I think the first time I puked marbles, I'd die from a blocked trachea and die, so yeah, that. At least the end would be quick once I got sick. I don't puke every day, after all.
have sound effects whenever you do something or live in silence?  I probably wouldn't even hear the sound effects after a few hours, so let's go with that.
How long did this survey take you, or did you not time it?  I'm thinking it was about 90 minutes.

0 sweet-talkers :

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.