Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Stealing

(Link in meme-roll)
Who Are you? Part 3 & 4 – Is it over yet?

Part 3: Past
34. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
The one that changed me the most was the five years from 1993 through 1997. Baby, move to a new state and no outside-the-home employment, death of two family members, surgery, other medical issues. It sucked, but wow did I learn a lot.
35. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Surviving all that without getting stuck in the middle of things (for too long).
36. What is your greatest regret?
That I didn't spend more time with Ellen before she died, and that I didn't take more (and better) photos of Sparky with my dad before he died.
37. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
My evil doings tend to be fairly small-scale, but (unfortunately) daily. The one thing I wish I could undo is not being very nice to a very strange girl in my high school English classes.
38. When was the time you were the most frightened?
I have the gift of not being aware of how out-of-control dangerous a situation really is until after I've extricated myself, or someone else has extricated me. Probably the one time I was in the most danger physically was when I slid off a wet road in the rain a few years ago, tore through a farmhouse's front yard, avoided the massive tree trunks, and got back up on the road surface with no damage to anything but their lawn. I did have to pull over for a few minutes and gather my wits before I could continue home.
39. What is your best memory?
I'm fortunate to have too many from which to choose.
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
Optimistic for the most part, with a strong self-protective cynical streak.
41. What is your greatest fear?
Any of my recent dreams coming true. Not that they've been particularly bad, though a few have been, but they have all been so completely strange that if they actually occurred, it would mean that I'd have gone completely crazy.
42. What are your religious views?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with God.
43. State a random opinion?
Does it have to be my random opinion? ;-)
I think it's pretty hypocritical for those who are voting to decrease government spending to get upset when their personal benefits get cut.
44. What are your views on sex?
I'm for it.
45. Are you able to cook?
There's some question of that, but tonight's dinner was pretty damn good: black bean bake with cheesy tortillas baked inside.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Forget that any one of the rest of us are human too.
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
Don't really think I believe in soul-mates. I definitely believe in love of all kinds.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Being able to see possibilities for good in any situation and working to make it occur.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?
Mostly, I'm very honest. Too honest, many would say. I'm what you might call "excitable." Or worse...
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Of course I do. Who doesn't? I try to be aware of them. Sometimes I don't realize they're there until I say or do something completely stupid, though.
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
I don't think I could carry out a long-term, planned assault on an innocent person. I probably couldn't kill anyone, unless it was heat-of-the-moment and in the course of defending myself or my loved ones. I could NOT plot out any kind of demeaning, hurtful, torture for someone, though. Not for real.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
I would hope that I'd be willing to die to protect my loved ones, and the beliefs for which I stand.

3 sweet-talkers :

Kwizgiver said...

#51 cracked me at the very end: Not for real. :-)

Unknown said...

I think when we are spending a zillion dollars on a military that was set up to "get dem dirty commies" a person can have the view: Don't cut my services and don't raise middle income taxes.

Cat. said...

Wow, I haven't heard about dirty commies in awhile. Not long enough; it will NEVER be long enough.

I should, perhaps, have made clear I was talking EXCLUSIVELY of government benefits....

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.