Sunday, November 4, 2012

Saturday 9 (a day late)

(Link in meme-roll)
Key Largo

1) This song was inspired by the Bogart/Bacall movie of the same name. Do you have a favorite Humphrey Bogart film? Which one?
I've seen parts of The African Queen, which was mildly interesting. I'm not much of an old-movie fan, to be honest. I don't see current movies anymore either. It's a sort of passive boycott, since they're all just too-too.
2) Where do you rent movies? (Netflix, Redbox, OnDemand, etc.)
The library. I've used Redbox a couple of times. The library has a Netflix account. Sparky uses Netflix too, I think, on his XBox.
3) Have you ever been to the Florida Keys?
Nope.
4) According to government statistics, more than half the people who currently live in Florida were born in another state. Were you born in the state where you currently live?
No. And I would love to move back to Colorado, if I could find a job anywhere but the eastern half of the state or Colo Spgs.
5) To be honest, Crazy Sam really hates this week's featured song. (Hear it here.) Do you like it? Loathe it? Or are you unfamiliar with it?
I used to like it. I didn't go listen to it again just now, but it's a fairly well-crafted pop song for its era. Never could quite figure out WHY it was written, but that's true of a lot of pop songs.
6) Local authorities in a suburb of Sydney blasted Barry Manilow songs into a neighborhood park to keep "hooligans" away after dark. Is there an artist or song that would make you run in the other direction?
Most heavy-metal or rap played over lousy sound systems would make my ears bleed. Frankly, the use of lousy sound systems playing ANYTHING makes my ears bleed. Listening to the national anthem before the game yesterday nearly made me cry in frustration....
7) Two of the most common fears are going to the dentist and speaking in public. Do either of those really get under your skin?
Nope. I like my dentist--all the work he's done has been pretty much pain-free for me, and he's nice-looking. Speaking in public doesn't faze me if I know something about what I'm speaking about, but it terrified me when I was in school.
8) We're having burgers. What do you want on yours?
Cheese. If it's a crap-burger, dose it up with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, onions. If it's a good piece of hamburger, then just cheese.
9) Here's your chance to do a shameless plug -- What charity or cause do you wish got more support?
All of them. I just wish more people would do more than text a $10 donation to Red Cross and get out there and DO SOMETHING! Even when there isn't a recent disaster to respond to, there are people who need assistance in everyone's community.

1 sweet-talkers :

The Gal Herself said...

Liked your answer about public speaking. Makes a lot of sense to me!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.