Monday, February 27, 2012

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) If you were drafted into the military but could pick your branch, which would you choose? Explain why.
Hah! At this point, there's NO WAY I'd get drafted! But if I were 22, healthy, and drafted, I'd definitely head to Colo. Spgs. for the Air Force. Why? Well, the Academy is gorgeous (so are the people there, ahem), and my dad was in the Air Corps during WWII, so it's the closest I've got to family tradition.
2) What was the last thing you made from scratch in the kitchen?
I made us grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight. They were the usual combination of burnt and barely toasted, and the cheese was the abysmal "individually-wrapped" stuff that we bought last week, but it's about all I could handle today.
3) Why did your parents give you your first name?
My parents were told by my older sisters that they were AWFUL at naming girls (and they actually were pretty awful, in truth), so my sisters named me. I gotta say, I've never been thrilled with their choice in names, but at least it's easy, short, and memorable. And better than two of my sisters' names!
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo

I had an interesting conversation yesterday with a young neighbor of ours as I was driving him home after church. He told me he'd caught a squirrel once, barehanded. If most people told me this I'd be doubtful, but Kee is the kind of kid that might just be able to do so. He's mad fast, and not very thoughtful about possible downsides of having a squirrel in one's hands.

Oh, and I'm one of those (apparently few) people who really loves squirrels.

2 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

When I was about 10 a neighborhood friend and I found two abandoned baby squirrels. We kept them and cared for them for 8 weeks...

Cat. said...

Wow, Bud, that is too cool. I don't think Kee's mom would appreciate me telling him that, but I really WANT to!

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.