Monday, February 6, 2012

Curious as a Cat

(Link in meme-roll)

1) What format did you start listening to music on?
I had a child's record player when I was quite young, on which I listened to 45s. My parents had dozens of 33s (and a few 78s) to use on their stereo. And my brother had a reel-to-reel player.
2) When was the last time you called in sick to work? Were you actually sick?
Last month some time. I was probably not that sick. I haven't wanted to call in this month since Beast has been home so much. No fun being "sick" when I'm not alone. ;-)
3) Would you rather be poor and work at a job you love or be rich and work at a job you hate?
I'm not poor, but I'm not breaking any wage barriers either, and I (generally) love my job. I would not want to get up and go to a job every day if I hated it.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Public Domain Photo
It took me a long time to figure out the perspective on this picture; is that an apartment building, or a train? But aside from the rather sketchy 'water feature' in the foreground, this looks like a rather interesting place.

1 sweet-talkers :

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

WTIT started on reel to reel. I saved for a while to buy that first mono recorder. I was around 12. I knew I was gonna be a DJ so I thought, "Why not a tape radio station?" By 14 I had friends joining me. At 15 we started calling it WTIT (Truth in Taping) and saved the tapes. In the 80s I transferred it all to cassette. Now I'm going to digital.

I have shows before proms where we interviewed our dates. Then my kids started telling jokes once a session. Then the 2nd wife...

Kathy is dying to be in on a session. Someday I might let her...

Post a Comment

Sweet comments from sweet people

 
Copyright ©2004- , Cat. All rights reserved. All opinions expressed on this weblog are those of the author. Nothing included in this blog is intended as a representation of the views of my employer or past employers, or anyone else unless so stated.